Lack of boost

meep meep

Jun 22, 2006
Been noticing recently that my lcr has been making really loud squelling noises like air rushing into the engine bay during acceleration, feels like the turbo isnt been fed properly, maybe the turbo/intercooler pipe is loose as she hasnt got the same kick as usual, that all fine but im not sure where to look, hs anyone got any pictures or diagrams of these problematic areas? Id really appreciate it

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
sounds like a boost leak, are you using the standard diverter valve? check the vac hose on top of the valve, plus all over vac hoses you can. the valve itself may well be damaged

is the car standard

meep meep

Jun 22, 2006
sounds like a boost leak, are you using the standard diverter valve? check the vac hose on top of the valve, plus all over vac hoses you can. the valve itself may well be damaged

is the car standard

Yes everything on the car is completely standard, other than a stage one revo

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
thats the first sign to head straight for the DV bud, its a weak link in the 1.8T chain, I'd definitly check that first

search for something called a leak back test which you can perform yourself very easily. otherwise if you know anyone with an aftermarket valve that would be willing to let you test? saves you buying your own but idealy the revo dealer should have warned you about stock diverter valves

Ricardo

Leon Cupra R 265 bhp
Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I had the same thing happen, it was the elbow that connects the turbo to the charge pipe, it had split underneath from the heat from the turbo and a big hole was causing all the noise (as my boost went into the engine bay). Defo check for leaks/holes in your boost pipes. Hope this helps

cupra87

how did you repair the hose??
replace it with silicone elbow or wrap it with heat proof insulation wrap and refit?

cupra87

how much did this set you back

dont mean to ask so many questions but my car has been running like a bag of **** for a month or so now so really need it to be sorted lol