Lambda Sensor - Which one ?

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
Hi all

Just like to say Hello to everyone this is my 1st post.
MY o3 LCR has been riddles with problems since i 1st got it about 4 months ago:cry:
I love the car to bits (my missus says more than her ) she dont go on here so maybe i do ;) heheheh

I got a problem with my Lambda i think i ran Vagcom and got this:

17526 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S2: Open Circuit
P1118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I reckon replacing the lambda will fix this as clearing it in vagom doesnt work.
i found a dirt cheap one on ebay but i need to know will this work on my motor?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250049440951&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D250049440951%26fvi%3D1

If so do i need 1,2,3, or 4 wire zirconia sensor lead?

Please help me as ive spent nearly £400 already and i cant get rid of her !(LCR)

Rich

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
it will be the one after the cat. It is a four wire sensor you need. Have you checked the multiplug to make sure its not loose?

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
:D Hey !
sorry for the delay - the wires are
2 black
1 white
1 grey

i bought the cable off of ebay but its too short i checked the old one and its secure so i think (hopefully) its just a case of getting the right one but i dont know which one it is SEAT say £75 for the part then £200 with labour ! id rather stick my head in a bess nest than pay that much - i just need to know where i can get one cheap.
can you help please that light on the engine is doing me nut !
and i also heard it could be due to tesco fuel which i do ude and it has been juddering too. i think changing the sensor before the whole cat replacement is advisable tho

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
Took this into a dealer today i know the part numbers but cant find them anywhere - i m sure i can get them cheaper than the dealers !!!:think:

Ive looked all over on tinternet but cant find them - if anyone knows please help coz the dealer is literally bending me over the table and serving up a propper bum beating ! (had to have a new window regulator too today £140) they want
£103 for part number SOA906262BE and £103 for part number
SOA906262BB 2x lambda probes.

any help will be hugely appeciated !!

rich (anka skint )[:@]

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
is the lambda your after the pre cat or post cat? Think b1 S2 is post cat isnt it? And are you having to replace both of them for this problem?

Matt

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
total stab in the dark mate

www.lambdasensors.co.uk

the only one listed for the leon

OZA447-E32

£61.10

dunno if this is any good for the R thou?

Nice advise smoothUK

I called lambdasensors.co.uk and they advise Seat had wrote the part number down wrong on the invoice :censored: - It should have read 06A906262BE + BB at least now i can look abooot on the internet and try and get it cheaper!

Thanks again !

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
If you find the correcty one, could you post it up mate, as i think mine is dead and think im gonna have to look around for one.

Cheers

Matt

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Give me till next sat and ill next you know whats what :whistle:

rich

found last night that the lambda in the DP was loost, could twist it with my hand!!! been to the garage and they have tightened it up for me. Just need to go outside and clear fault codes off and see how i go. Someone said with the malfunction in circuit is normally a dead sensor anyway. I will see how she runs and if the light comes back on after i clear it down.
Good luck mate :) hope it s the correct one.

turbo017

Dec 18, 2006
SLOUGH
it is the sensor before the cat that is what the b1 stands for i would only buy the main stealers part as gsf,ecp and other will give nothing but problems its worth paying the money for them any prob pm me

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Just had the same problem with my Mk3 Cupra, just bought the same lamda sensor from ebay, mine was a 4 wire version, very easy to fit as mine was the one after the cat to fail.

Cleared fault via vagcom and started car, no faults have come back yet, so i'll test for a day and hopefully all is well.

jay

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
so did we find a cheap supplier in the end? The sensor is dead on mine, i managed a week before it finally died. Just want an option other than the 103 quid from the dealer.

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
just took it into my brother garage - im giving up:cry: and am gonna get the parts from Seat - best advise i can give is to do 1 at a time - im gonna do pre cat 1st coz this is the one that tells the engine how much fuel is pumped in (apparently) and is the most likely to cause the light to come on if faulty.
Orderering from seat today - fitting at the weekend (not by stealers). Ill keep posted

Quikie

Universal probes are ballix, been through 3 of them, as a result I have needed to buy a new cat AND still goto the dealers for the original sensor :(

vinylrichy

Darker Than The Vinyl
Aug 3, 2006
Worthing West Sussex
Universal probes are ballix, been through 3 of them, as a result I have needed to buy a new cat AND still goto the dealers for the original sensor :(

bad luck there quickie! i remember the good old days when i had a corsa 1.4 had it for ages only spent pennies getting things fixed on that ! and i had a massive 60 bhp :p heheh

took the lcr in on saturday got the pre cat sensor 1st , fitted it - switched engine on and the light was still on - cleared on VAG COM and it hasnt come back on yet so everythings crossed - i suspect i will need to get the post cat too!

btw the old sensor was white and its supposed to be black so it must have taking a roasting or summinc

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
mine is going in wed for the same one. How much did you pay, and how much labour did they charge you fella, as there trying to do me for half an hour, when i know damn well it only takes 10 minutes TOPS.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise