Lambro's Black 1.2 MK4 5DR Ibiza...:D

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Does anyone know if there's something missing from my Rubber strip (on the door), shown in my first picture/post ([POST=3604909]here[/POST])?

If so, is there a part number or something? Or is it the whole strip that needs replacing?

Thanks

do you mean the indent on the rear door moulding? that's supposed to be there. it should be on the other side aswell. its on 5 doors to allow the rear door to open without catching on the front door. 3 doors obviously dont have rear doors so they have no reason for an indent.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Fitted any of your mods this weekend?

I had other thoughts for potential add-ons.

Audi TT pedals (direct replacement for rubber covers, around £35 from Audi directly. You need the LHD accelerator pedal, then RHD for the other two).

TT Clutch Pedal – 8N0721174A01C
TT Brake Pedal – 8N0721173A
TT LHD Accelerator Pedal – 8N1721647B

DSC00710.jpg

Dead pedal (£15 or something like that)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3265693&postcount=157

LED sidelights

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3178441&postcount=106

Also, regarding your scratches on post 3, your only options are to used a filler based polish (such as Autoglym SUper Resin Polish), or use a heavy cut compound polish with a machine polisher. Wax will not improve scratches a great deal, and will wear off very quickly, whereas when using a heavy cut polish the results are permanent (unless you scratch it again of course).

Last edited:
Nope, still haven't got her back yet! :/

I'm not sure I quite want pedals yet, but it'll be something to think about, but I'm definently liking the LED sidelights. I'll have to do some research into them, I'm sure there'll be a bundle of info on these forums.

And thanks for the advice! I'm not really interested in buying a machine polisher, but I'll look into the Autoglym stuff! :D ...Then again, the machine polisher could be a good future investment....hmmmmm

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Well you get some good, some bad. I eventually found a style that are really bright (8 SMD LEDs, all forward facing) and have lasted nearly a year (really good for LEDs!).

I ended up buying 3 sets, seeing as they are so cheap (and from China, so would take a couple of weeks to get a new set if one blew..)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-8-SMD...CarParts_SM&hash=item2c615ced0f#ht_2109wt_979

They are a great investment, I hate standard yellow ones!

Super Resin Polish is pretty cheap, available most places. After 3-4 layers the scratches should be significantly reduced. Are the scratches localised to the door handle area, or is there a significant amount of swirls on the rest of the paintwork? My paint was pretty good to begin with, but I am a perfectionist and spent crazy money on a huge array of detailing products. The machine polisher made the paint almost mirror-like.....

IMG_1156-1.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Super Resin Polish is pretty cheap, available most places. After 3-4 layers the scratches should be significantly reduced. Are the scratches localised to the door handle area, or is there a significant amount of swirls on the rest of the paintwork? My paint was pretty good to begin with, but I am a perfectionist and spent crazy money on a huge array of detailing products. The machine polisher made the paint almost mirror-like.....

There are scratches near all door handles, and then there's odd scratches scattered around the car.
Quite a few on the boot as well. :(
So I doubt I'll ever get it looking "mirror-like". :(
But I think my best bet would be going down the Autoglym road, because it'll be fairly cheap, and I should end up with a satisfying finish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
I did the same, bought a shed load from china for 99p each, like you say saves buying and waiting for more if one blows!

Got the car back an hour ago.
First thing I notice, the rear seems to make a lot of creaking when leaving a speed bump. And there was quite a few speed bumps, so I can't help but think there's something wrong.
I'll have a search on the forum tomorrow, but meanwhile, of anyone knows what this could be, please share.
Thanks

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I'm convinced this rear creaking is simply to do with the cold weather.

I remember my Ibiza creaking/squeeking from the rear last winter, and after a couple of major washes of the wheel arch, suspension and generally the back end of the car it got better... then completely went away as the weather got warmer again.

Just a tiddly update:

Installed the Cupra Vent switches! Although, I now need Red vent rings. Can I get these from dave@Sere?

I put in an 8 LED bulb, in the interior.
It turned out blue, and dimmer than the old bulb!!! So I've ordered a 16-SMD one, hopefully should do the job.

Also installed the Aux for the Alana. Which I then hooked up to the Belkin Aircast - Wireless heaven! I'm loving it.

Here's a photo, excuse the quality, and excuse the mess, but I'm uploading from my phone and through tapatalk, and the car is in need of a good clean, and sorting out. :(

5ad4bd70-903b-b4c9.jpg
5ad4bd70-9048-f853.jpg
5ad4bd70-905c-d89b.jpg

Last edited:
Q: How do I 'Shine' my car?

Ever since I bought it, it's been a sort of dull black. How do I get the shine/mirror look?
Is it to late to do this? Have too many years passed?
Or can I buy some cleaners, and follow a method to shine it up?

Or would I be better taking it to a place where they know what they're talking about? If I was going to take it somewhere, how much would I be looking to pay? Is it maintainable?

Being my first car, I really have no clue, and in my family, cleaning the car usually suffices of fairly liquid and warm water, which I know is a big No-no!

Any help/advice would be well and truly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
She looks freezing in that above pic!

As for the shine - I'm not an expert in car cleaning by any means, but I do enjoy it. I use Auto Glym car shampoo if I'm just washing the car. If I feel like doing more I use Auto Glym Super Resin Polish. Smells good and feels really smooth afterwards, call me weird.
Either way, my car is more shiny after a wash than before.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members