LCD instrument panel

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hi guys, I’ve been looking for a mk2 Cupra to replace my Cupra R, but have noticed that on some of the mk2's, the LCD screen in the instrument panel differs in position on car to car.

On some it is large and in between the oil and fuel gauge, and on others its smaller and below the two gauges.

Is there a purpose for this? or does this dictate a feature that some have that others don’t?

Sounds silly I know but I think the larger display looks better, hope this all makes sense.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
if there is no difference between the cars you are looking at - go for the one with the Large LCD display - as it also means you get customisable settings for lights, door locking, wipers, indicators etc. - also you'll get cruise control light on the dashboard and can see if you have a door/boot/bonet open.

well worth getting one with a large LCD display.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
if there is no difference between the cars you are looking at - go for the one with the Large LCD display - as it also means you get customisable settings for lights, door locking, wipers, indicators etc. - also you'll get cruise control light on the dashboard and can see if you have a door/boot/bonet open.

well worth getting one with a large LCD display.

Thats what i was thinking, looks better too. I didn't realise it also had all those functions, thats really good to know, cheers. i imagine it displays more info from the radio / cd etc?

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Sure does, although my "Audio" menu has disappeared off the face of the earth on it! It's nowhere to be found and the dealer hasn't fixed it!

boroboy19

Hi guys,
I have a small one on my Cupra..can i upgrade it to the big lcd...looks much cooler

FR_Flavoured

Large also allows you to configure some of the convenience functions without need for vag-com, small doesn't.

Can I please ask how this is done - configure convenience functions via the large display?

Mar 13, 2011
Can I please ask how this is done - configure convenience functions via the large display?

While not moving, with ignition on use the arrows on the RHS steering wheel controls (horizontal ones) to navigate to "settings" page (you just get a warning message if you try to set anything while moving). Then use the vertical arrows / OK button to navigate from there. All pretty obvious to scroll around and change stuff.

'scuse the crappy picture, blame my phone.

MFD.jpg

FR_Flavoured

Great! Thankyou morini - this is the 2nd Leon 'trick' I've learnt just this week, that I wasnt aware of previously.
Will give it a go later when I return to my car... :)

Any settings you personalise via the MFD, I wonder if they will get wiped, if SEAT do a firmware update on your car (while in for a routine Service). :think:

The other 'trick' is the location of the AUX Port on the Mk2 Leon for VAG COM (I am waiting for the cable to arrive in the post any day now!). [B)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 13, 2011
Great! Thankyou morini - this is the 2nd Leon 'trick' I've learnt just this week, that I wasnt aware of previously.
Will give it a go later when I return to my car... :)

Any settings you personalise via the MFD, I wonder if they will get wiped, if SEAT do a firmware update on your car (while in for a routine Service). :think:

The other 'trick' is the location of the AUX Port on the Mk2 Leon for VAG COM (I am waiting for the cable to arrive in the post any day now!). [B)]

I can't see a SEAT dealer messing with firmware unless the car was in for a specific running related fault. Easy enough to set all the parameters abck the way you want though should it ever happen.

Waiting for my cable too. Ordered on Monday, had an email a coupe of hours ago saying it had shipped. The port is under the flap to the lower right of the sterring wheel as far as I am aware.

Mar 13, 2011
Thanks MORINI! My MFD doesnt look like that tho, I've got red writing! Will give it a go when I get to my car lata tho!:confused:

Yeah, as Graham says, mine is a FL so I can't comment on the pre FL habing never had one. I would have though if you have the convenience pack you should be able to set options via the MFD though?

tehguy

Sep 9, 2010
I have convenience but small MFD (no bluetooth) and I can't change the settings. :(

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
i dont think the convenience pack and the convenience settings are related, i cant change things like the light PIR settings for my auto lights etc through there, and i didnt have the convenience pack on my PD but i had bluetooth and i could change a few things like winter tyres and how long my lights stay on after i get out of the car. On my CR though i can also change how long my lights stay on when i unlock it, but i think you can add options to the menu through the VCDS, once something has been turned on you can change it on their. Its not all its cracked up to be though, i have the auto closing windows setting turned on through VCDS (when it rains and youve parked the car with the windows down, they come up automatically) but it doesnt work on mine, does on a skoda scout btw but instead i just have a box on the settings that i can tick or untick to no avail lol!

It depends how old your leon is to what MFD screen you have, on the brand new (not like a year) Mk6 GTI's there now colour MFD's and on the older ones there white, so Mk3 will be colour hopefully!

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
I have a pre facelift with Bluetooth. Red writing and I can access the settings on my mfd (large one).
Although you can see all the features not all can be changed without vag com.

When you en change some it does nothing and these are the ones you need. Vag com for.
I wanted the chirp for my alarm but the dealer wanted 60 quid to do it. SO I told him to stick it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members