lcr anti roll bars what you think

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Like andy says alot of people tend to reccomend this. For front and rear... for good ones your looking around the £300 mark. Bill comes highly reccomended for most things in this forum... brilliant service. Other company ive come across that seems to have decent prices on parts is DPM.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Don't know about the KW ones, but they're certainly cheap enough. Ceck with Awesome that the rear will clear your back box.

Disagree strongly that you have to do front AND rear.

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
Don't know about the KW ones, but they're certainly cheap enough. Ceck with Awesome that the rear will clear your back box.

Disagree strongly that you have to do front AND rear.

What have you gone for phil? I think for reading past threads that the only rear anti-roll bar to clear the standard back box is the neuspeed and iv only heard good things but cant find it on their site :shrug:

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
i was thinking of the front upper S3 strut brace and a read arb... would it be more benificial to get a front arb as well as the front upper strut brace?

strugers1

on my tdi leon i went for eibach 25/25 set up and the handling is a million times better the turn in is spot on and the lift off oversteer has gone, i get more of a even 4wheel drift which is so easy to control
arb's are the best mod i believe for handling

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Strugers - How much have you lowered by ijn your sig? and is that with a cupra R kit/splitter? Do you get many problems with catching anywhere?

Do some people go for a 25mm ARB on the front/back and a 15-20mm ARB on the front/back for various reasons?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
What have you gone for phil? I think for reading past threads that the only rear anti-roll bar to clear the standard back box is the neuspeed and iv only heard good things but cant find it on their site :shrug:

Don't have the car any more, but I had a rear 25mm Neuspeed on the middle setting, standard front, standard suspension. Was fine for me - fast road, no track use.

The Eibach fouled the standard rear backbox, an aftermarket backbox, or a big hammer would solve it. It would be worth checking with Awesome what would happen if it fouls the backbox, they might well have fitted one before and can definitely say it will fit, if they don't KNOW, it would be good to have a plan B while the car is up in the air...

strugers1

Strugers - How much have you lowered by ijn your sig? and is that with a cupra R kit/splitter? Do you get many problems with catching anywhere?

Do some people go for a 25mm ARB on the front/back and a 15-20mm ARB on the front/back for various reasons?

its lowered 40mm but i think its more like 50 now due to the suspension settling over time
its a genuine lcr kit yes and i do have trouble in multi storey car parks some spped humps and my driveway lol but if your careful it will only scratch the splitter so i dont worry to much
i know some people go 25mm front and 28mm rear anti rol bar but it depends how stiff you want the rear end to be i guess my 25/25 set up is fine and exactly neutral handling
i think for me 25/28 would be too stiff making the rear end a bit 'skittish' but its personal preference mate

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well I've been running polyflex LCA rear bush, OEM (20mm) front ARB with 28mm rear neuspeed ARB set on mid point for three years with only one mad tail out event, which was a bit of fun. I think this set up coupled with my S3 strutt brace balanced out the stiffness of the rear a bit. I do feel the rear is a bit too stiff but am in the process of fitting a R32 23mm ARB with new wish bone bushes and hope this will be a perfect set up. Hopefully at the SCN national meet we can all get spins in cars with different set ups to see what feels and handles the best

strugers1

thats a good idea actually
my car always went sideways without the arbs, it has easy to handle but just annoying sometimes. now its netruel and very planted

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise