Lcr front spliter - how to fit

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
Hello

Finally got may hands on a mint red LCR but as usual the splitter is knac****. I've bought a new one but not sure how to fit it without damaging the bumber.

Anyone got any tips for me??

Cheers

Jon

brad1

Basically, push the splitter in round the side of the bumper, leave the two middle lugs till last that go into the under side of the bumper. Easiest way to ge them in is use a jack to force them up until they pop in. Hope that helps mate

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
I believe the just push and clip into place, I had to clip the middle of my splitter back in and it took alot of force to put it back in.
Which I suppose is a good thing don't want it coming off too easily. ;)

Tpot

I fitted mine last week, as the guys have said. Just goto pop it into place. Don't be too gentle with it, just push it like a mofo!

Last edited by a moderator:

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
You dont need to get behind it, just start at one corner and give it a good pull and it should just pop out of its first clip, work your way round till there are just the centre two posts left. I used a large pair of mole grips to get hold of these and with a bit of wiggling and downwards pressure they should pop out too.

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
I found the best practise was to put my foot between the bumper and splitter and effectively stand on the foot and apply more and more weight. Eventually it came ;)