lcr locks

lloydy26

hi guys,

has any1 taken the plastic cap next to the drivers door handle off, i done this tryin to work out how to open the car with the spare key as ive no remote fob wit the spare which i think is the norm. If any1 has PM me jus to check. :-o

lloydy26

it is de-locked as standard, the problem i had was gettin into the car wit the spare key. As there are no holes for the key I opened the boot with the alarm soundin and jus put key in ignition. Tryin to find if there was some fancy way of the spare unlockin the car at the doors I investigated and found somethin quite disturbin. Will be takin car to Seat to show, could be a security issue, hence I will only reply to PM by a recognised member. :blink:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
the LCR is not de-locked as standard - this is a common modification fitted by owners to stop the cars being broken into.

If your car is delocked, and you don't have a remote fob, then you're stumped. The only way into the car is via the boot.

lloydy26

Where is the key hole then for the lcr, mine is 05 model if it makes any difference. The guy who had it before was disabled and only had it for 1000 miles so I highly doubt he had it de-locked. If it was de-locked hard to see how it increases security cos I can unlock the car and get all 4 windows to open with most objects. Def taking it to dealer on sat to ask wtf is goin on.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
it should be and was originally on your drivers door
someone along the line has had it delocked, and seen as you have no remote fob, your in a pickle

lloydy26

ive got a key fob as the main key, but jus a key as the spare, i used to have a black 05 lcr and that ididnt have a key hole. Has any1 got a 05 lcr which mit be able to shed some light on this. thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
www.leoncupra.co.uk

goto guides->exterior->delock

Here you'll see where the lock should be - if its not there it HAS been removed by one of the previous owners.

You only get 1 fob with the car - why don't you just use that key? The spare is exactly what it says - its a spare - in case you lose the original.

lloydy26

cheers guys, help much appreciated, ive spoken to seat and will be taking the car down soon to show concerns. Hopefully its only somethin on mine, which i can get sorted. Hope it hasnt caused any1 any bother. Again i thinks pabs lcr mit differ slightly to mine.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
No worries mate - but why would my car be different to yours? Mine is the same as everyone else's LC/LCR on this forum (with respect to the locks) so if anything is different its more likely to be yours thats the odd one out :bleh:

lloydy26

Cheers pabs, will let u know wot i find when i go to the dealership to check our a lcr they got there. Its jus strange as the car was a demo with the garage then a guy had it for 1000 miles who seems the type not to mod cars. thanks for the replies hopefully get it sorted soon

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cheers pabs, will let u know wot i find when i go to the dealership to check our a lcr they got there. Its jus strange as the car was a demo with the garage then a guy had it for 1000 miles who seems the type not to mod cars. thanks for the replies hopefully get it sorted soon

Lloydy save yourself a trip. Either you have a drivers door key barrel or you don't. All LCRs came with a barrel on the drivers door for the key. If yours does not have this then it's been delocked. Either have the dealer return the car to standard or have them order you in the parts to keep as spares. I'd keep it delocked, however it will be more hassle for them to get a barrel changed to suit your key. :happy:

lloydy26

im still goin to dealer, as if it has been de-locked it hasnt been don properly, will see wot can be don to make it more secure.