paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
new downpipe

Photo0421.jpg

all need to do is get week off work to fit turbo, downpipe an decat then take it to haave map adjusted :D

Photo0434.jpg

Photo0433.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Can tell with quality of it mate, great piece of engineering compared to ebay shite, il be geting one soon :) 795 i think for full turbo back :) and they sound awesome. What you running atm cat back? You thought about heatwrapping it while its off?

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
currently running miltek cat back with non res pipe, going to fit it next week when at work. wanted to fit turbo before christmas but need tyres so going to have to wait a little longer till i fit it which gutted about. looking at diff in near future as well. waiting to see what willie on here gets cause there is one he been talking about forr ages an want to see what review gives it once fitted to car, i called up blueflame direct an got money off but think awesome can do some good deals too :D

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Just read thru your thread paul looking good so far nice mods you done. i know you got the actuator on there, they make a good mod but a right pain to fit.

aint so bad to adjust tho. did you go for a forge 1?

im thinking of a diff when the clutch goes aswell.

great car, looks better with black wheels as well

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
cheers mate, just had a new clutch an flywheel fitted today, my flywheel went but still got a tapping noise at top of engine an only been there since flywheel went, sounds like a tapit. yeah i had a hybrid fitted but seals were shot so been sent off to be repaired under warrenty. i will go for diff willie has as ive heard good things from them, need to do my wheels again but got to sort tapping noise out, cars costing to much touching nearly £2000 in 7 weeks. thats 4 types clutch flywheel an turbo :-(

adjust actuator easy but think need map adjusting as people said map sensor dont read over 22 psi i believe, its a cr turbo actuator i have fitted at min,

cars got me down at min keeps going wrong but got to stay strong.

love your car the amount of torque you have is amazing.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Are you a mechanic aswell ? see you done all the work yourself like me.
i think many of us are waiting for willie to fit the diff and see what he says.

im ready for the track again yours ever been on?

the pull from my car is amazing then the noise out the back is ace. i love it.

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
yeah im a mechanic so done all work myself apart from clutch an flywheel as away from work where i use workshop. i'm not clued up 100% on vag at min but learning, got to take rocker cover off tommorro an see the tappets as im sure ones damaged or playing up but cant see how flywheel going has caused this, never been on track im to scared i will hurt my car lol. since fitted 3" downpipe an decat car sounds so much better with miltek cat back i love it.

you ever heard of problems with tappits on these engines??

thanks

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
How many miles it done?

only thing i know about is the oil pick up pipe in the sump gets blocked up from about 80-100 k and this can make the top engine tap and wear the VVT

i would look there first. sump off is easy and the new pick up pipe is about £7.

ive been a mechanic about 8 years now and been at awesome over a year and learnt alot from being there about VAG stuff.
they are good cars to work on and with i enjoy it,

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
they are buckets and springs so aint sure what noise your getting, would tell you a bit more with a listen.

would need the cambelt timing up and cams out with the chain,

shouldnt be that bad tho

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
lcr blown engine

they are buckets and springs so aint sure what noise your getting, would tell you a bit more with a listen.

would need the cambelt timing up and cams out with the chain,

shouldnt be that bad tho

ok thankyou

will record it tommorro an post up video. hopefully may be able to help. :)

dont no what else would tap that high up :(

Last edited:

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
ok i recently had clutch an flywheel changed but 50 miles later ive lost a rod through block, i was driving at about 30 mph in 3rd gear when i accelarated an heard a big bang noise, then had a rear mirror full of smoke so pulled over an as pulled over oil pressure light came on an i knew what had happpened, i wasnt even on full boost so not sure how the engine has thrown a rod, i have boost gauge fitted an must have been on only 10 psi max.

anyway i got myself an engine with bottom end knock so im changing following parts before fit to my car
forged rods
performance valve set
performance valve spring set
APR head bolt kit

got friend thats going to seat valves an regrind crank an hone pistons

after this want a bullet proof engine, not sure if worth changing pistons to low compression ones as not sure what gains are,

here are some pics of my escaped rod :-(

Photo0515.jpg

Photo0508.jpg

Photo0506.jpg

gearbox is really tight not sure why all im thinking is that the crankshaft has moved a bit an pushing on gearbox shaft, got to take engone out once can move car out the snow

Photo0548.jpg

not sure if boost has caused the rod to escape or problem garage has done but i have brought a bam block which needs work doing on it, been told no difference beetween bam an amk so hapefully once had engine upgraded can refit my hybrid turbo an the plan is also to run nos :).