Leon 1.8 TSI 180 too low motor temperature (60 C)

May 3, 2019
Hello,
Need help on how to find best action to fix problem with my 2014 SC Leon 1.8 TSI 180.
The motor after start quickly reach 90 degrees Celsius, but after a short driving start to drop in temperature to 60-70 C, close to the oil temp, and stays there. Should say this is in the cold spring weather in Sweden with outside temp +5 - +10 C. This temp.-problem does not however affect the driveability or performance of the car. Other than possible increased fuel consumption? The car was unfortunately sitting for 3-4 month without driving during the winter, which seem to have initiated this problem.
I had an error code indicating extreme / too high or low temp from the coolant temp sensor, that I cleared and it did not show up again. I have checked the coolant temp sensor att the bottom hose connection to radiator, and it has the same resistance/Ohm reading as a new sensor cold and warm, so I didn't replace it.
One could suspect the thermostat, but I am totally confused as to how to replace it or possible cost to have a dealer to change it. I find specially designed "thermostat-tubes" on autoparts24 at prices approx 12-60 EUR, but when I talk to a local car workshop they don't confirm that they can do the replacement. Or that there even is a traditional thermostat.
>> Anyone in the forum that have experienced the same problem?
>> Anyone in the forum that did replace the thermostat?
>> Anyone know the location of a possible second temp sensor in coolant system?
Any suggestions on how to solve this problem are highly appreciated! :)

Thanks / Staffan

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.