Leon flip Key guide

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
I wanted to do the flip key conversion, I bought a 2 button vw flipkey off ebay it arrived the other day from hong kong. Iv opened it up and it looks like i have to put a battery in one side which is find i will put this in from my old non-flip key with remote unlocking in it. but on the other side it looks like i put a chip in it with when you push the buttons from the outside it does the unlocking bit. but when looking in my non-flip remote key the chip is wider and a different shape.

any thought what to do?

also i was going to look into getting a genuine key blade to get cut in stead of gtting the one in this hong kong one cut as i dnt trust a cheap hong hong from snapping in my ignition.

i bought the hong hong key one ebay as it was less that £15 and it was shiney nice :)

One more thing the blade pointed on the hong kong one and looks different to my old blade but although i was going to replace it it makes me thin is it the wrong key? if it is maybe i could ask for a 3 button one as a replacement - BUT do these work? as in does the boot button work? i see one person's does any more people got it to work?

oh dear, you've bought the casing but not the internal gubbins. the stuff from your old style key wont fit in it so youll have to buy again

cupra_fr

Hi, could someone help me out here please...

My case for my key was broken, so i just bought a new 2 button case of ebay...

i swaped everything from the old key case into my new case (blade, battery, circuit)

now the fob unlocks and locks the car, when i put it in the ignition it even light up the speedo, but the car doesnt stay started, and my immobiliser light is flashing....

Could anyone shed any light on this...?

Note : i have the normal key with the black keycode tag aswell... that starts the car fine..!

cupra_fr

Sounds like the transponder chip as got damaged somehow/wasn't swapped over.

is that the small green ciruit board....? i just carefully took it out and placed it into the new fob... :(

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The chip is located in the top part of the key. You have to remove the badge on the back and there is a screw. Open and the chip is inside. Some are well glued in and they can be tricky to remove without damaging the glass casing. From reading the above it doesn't sound like you moved the transponder as well :)

cupra_fr

The chip is located in the top part of the key. You have to remove the badge on the back and there is a screw. Open and the chip is inside. Some are well glued in and they can be tricky to remove without damaging the glass casing. From reading the above it doesn't sound like you moved the transponder as well :)

where the blade is?? in that part of the key..?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yep, remove the the seat, vw, audi or what ever badge is on the back of th key and there is a screw.
The transponder is inside. Everything you have moved over in the lower half is for the central locking.

cupra_fr

Yep, remove the the seat, vw, audi or what ever badge is on the back of th key and there is a screw.
The transponder is inside. Everything you have moved over in the lower half is for the central locking.

does it look like a small black piece of wire in that compartment next to where the blade is.. how do u get it out...?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Carefully :cartman:, its a coil in a glass case. Have a look here:

http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_list.php?manu=40

It's AKTP2

I managed to pick mine out with a sewing needle carefully removing the glue, or you can heat up the glue with a hairdryer, possibly a lighter. WD40 or some other glue remover may help to soften the glue. Just take your time other wise you will damage the transponder. A replacement is cheap but you with need a dealer trip or somone with VAGCOM to code it for you. That is if you have a copy of your SKC code. More expense.

cupra_fr

Carefully :cartman:, its a coil in a glass case. Have a look here:

http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_list.php?manu=40

It's AKTP2

I managed to pick mine out with a sewing needle carefully removing the glue, or you can heat up the glue with a hairdryer, possibly a lighter. WD40 or some other glue remover may help to soften the glue. Just take your time other wise you will damage the transponder. A replacement is cheap but you with need a dealer trip or somone with VAGCOM to code it for you. That is if you have a copy of your SKC code. More expense.

heated the bottom of key with a lighter, and erm i flicked it out with a pin now i cant find it... bloody heck!

cupra_fr

lol, ive found it, just going to glue it in, and see it it work! fingers crossed!

C9JD

Bought a flip key (434 not 433) and had it cut.

It opens the door (haven't programmed the remote bit yet tho) but I have the old transponder in the new key and the engine won't start?

I put the transponder back in the old key (the remote is dead) and it starts the car?

What am I doing wrong?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
i did what the guide said and mine worked perfect and i bought a 3 button flip key remote and now i can open just the boot and when i shut the boot only it auto locks the full car well worth the money cheers for the help with the guide

Im guna get a 3 button key but not 100% the boot bit will work. if it aint guna work it might look a bit stupid having a button on the remote that doesn't work and therefore will go for a 2 button, but ONLY if this is the case.

what are the chances of it working for me?

cu-cu-cupra

Hello,

Been googling and searching on this all week but can't really get a yes/no, just a maybe answer.

Can anyone tell me if...

PART NO. HLO 1KO 959 753 G - 434 MHZ will act as a replacement for a 5FA 007 680? 2004 Leon....

Anyone at all lol?

Many many thanks!
Chris.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
didnt work could it be cause my key details are as follows:

1281636339_resized.jpg

..its 434MHz so dont know why its not working.

I use my not remote key to unlock the car then turn the ignition (not the engine/car) on, then close the door lock it with the key from my remote key, then do the unlock button and then unlock button again after 6 seconds with the new flip key.

what am i doing wrong?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise