Leon flip Key guide

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
ok took my transponder out of my non-flip remote key and put it into the new flip remote key.

locked the car door,
unlocked the car door,
put the non-remote key in and turned the ignition on
used the non-flip remote key with no transponder in to lock the door with the non-remote key still in the ignition,
then left that key in the lock,
press unlock on the new flip remote key with the non flip remote keys transponder in
waited 6 seconds and pressed in again

NOTHING! :(

tillred

Heres my 2 penith worth

1.If you started with a non-flip remote you can not get a flip remote to work the remote locking?

2.If you started with a flip remote you can buy another flip key,put the transponder into it from the spare & u can also sync the key to the remote locking(something do do with frequencies?)

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Heres my 2 penith worth

1.If you started with a non-flip remote you can not get a flip remote to work the remote locking?

2.If you started with a flip remote you can buy another flip key,put the transponder into it from the spare & u can also sync the key to the remote locking(something do do with frequencies?)

If you started with a non flip remote you can do a flip remote, follow the instructions and have a play around and it will eventually work, you may need a stealer to programme the new transponder but if reusing and old one you should be ok!

It worked for me and I had a non flip remote.

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
If you started with a non flip remote you can do a flip remote, follow the instructions and have a play around and it will eventually work, you may need a stealer to programme the new transponder but if reusing and old one you should be ok!

Worked for me - thats why I did the guide

tillred

Worked for me - thats why I did the guide

Thats great :) Can you lads tell me what flip key I need.... part number & frequency.I had a 2 button non flip & my car is a mk1 seat Leon 20vt.Thanks

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
Mine was brought off ebay. Was from a golf mk 4 I believe, not sure really.

Like I mentioned the frequency didn't matter for me. Just swapped the bits over, did the recode and job done.

tillred

Mine was brought off ebay. Was from a golf mk 4 I believe, not sure really.

Like I mentioned the frequency didn't matter for me. Just swapped the bits over, did the recode and job done.

THanks for all your help much appreciated.Just ordered a Seat 2 button flip with uncut blade.Will put a fresh transponder in & hopefully it'll all work :cheers:

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
No you need to keep the transponder from your old key, recode it how I said, by putting it in the new key.

A new transponder will have to be coded = £££

tillred

No you need to keep the transponder from your old key, recode it how I said, by putting it in the new key.

A new transponder will have to be coded = £££

Just thought I should clear this up.I had 2 keys....one 2 button remote & one non remote spare.
About a year ago I tried to take the transponder out of the spare & as usual ended up breaking it.So now left with only 1 working key which I managed to lose:cry:.Hence the new transponder for the spare:D.I'm getting the transponder coded today @ 50 notes all in so not to bad :rolleyes: When the flip key I've ordered arrives I'll put the transponder from my now recoded spare into the flip,get the blade cut & then follow your guide as how co code it so it works the remote locking.Once again thanks for the info from all :clap::clap:

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
The one in my pocket is a 3 button one that I got off ebay (got 2 because I mullered the first one!!!). It's got a coding of HLO1K0 959 753 and says 434 MHz on it.

I also got my transponder coded into the immobiliser for just under £50 (less than an hour for a technician).

Hope this helps.

redtill

black magic
Jan 30, 2002
suttoncoldfield
Visit site
The one in my pocket is a 3 button one that I got off ebay (got 2 because I mullered the first one!!!). It's got a coding of HLO1K0 959 753 and says 434 MHz on it.

I also got my transponder coded into the immobiliser for just under £50 (less than an hour for a technician).

Hope this helps.

I phoned 3 dealers..sorry stealers & got 3 quotes ...47+,70+ & 90+.Found a company that come to your car & do it 50 all in

Also I'm the same user 'tillred' couldn't remember the log in for this username so reregistered.Obviously now remember the log in for my original username:redface:

Last edited:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
I phoned 3 dealers..sorry stealers & got 3 quotes ...47+,70+ & 90+.Found a company that come to your car & do it 50 all in

I had mine done at a dealer at £47ish inc vat. Make sure that company won't charge you if they cannot read the key. Mine had to be done at a dealer as no one could read it (I had the key code too)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I have a working key/fob and a spare key/no fob, would it be advisable to get a spare fob in case of emergencies, or is there a way of running the car with just the spare key?

Also I see there are plenty of 434Mhz fobs on ebay, but how much bearing does the part number on the fob working with my car?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.