Leon FR 2.0T FSI

mikeyboy_1986

Hey guys. i've just picked up my leon a couple of weeks ago and am looking to modify it to get the best out of it over the next year, was thinking to start small, along the lines of air filter, dump valve, inductions ect and was hoping you guys and gals out there could give me some advice i.e where to start, makes, or any other advice on how to get the best out of her??? :D

Search is your friend on this one. :) Most people seem to get a remap first and then get the map adjusted to take advantage of any mods which they add later on.

I'm happy with the stock power of my TFSI FR - certainly until the warranty expires. ;)

mikeyboy_1986

yeah was thinking about re-mapping and spoke to one company and they say that they can get me to 250bhp and 340 torque, but what is the general deal with re-mapping as i've was chatting to this one guy how swears agenst them as he had his done and he said the extra pessure and work load on his engine coursed it to blow! does it put your engine at risk and is it worth it?

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
yeah was thinking about re-mapping and spoke to one company and they say that they can get me to 250bhp and 340 torque, but what is the general deal with re-mapping as i've was chatting to this one guy how swears agenst them as he had his done and he said the extra pessure and work load on his engine coursed it to blow! does it put your engine at risk and is it worth it?

Loads of people have their leons remapped, it all comes down to what company does your map, chooose a good company with a good rep that won't try and push an extra 250bhp from your engine! and you can't go wrong. Use the search function on the forum you'll see loads of results for remapping.

Clarke

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian

Superchips warranty covers that possibility.If engine lets go due to remap they will pay to repair it.;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.