Leon FR TDI (Anyone had FR Tdi Chipped done)

jaid

Nov 1, 2004
Up until 5 months ago I had a 05 Leon FR Tdi and I had it chipped by revo and had a selector switch, I can honestly say I was well pleased with the performance gain.

Now I have a 57 Plate Leon FR Tdi and still have revo switch but I see Revo is dearer than custom code.

My question is, has anyone had any experience of having Custom Code on a Mk2 Leon FR Tdi, how impressed were you?

What are my options installation wise if i live in Taunton, Somerset?

Has anyone experienced any DPF Issues?

Thanks for any feedback

Jai

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Up until 5 months ago I had a 05 Leon FR Tdi and I had it chipped by revo and had a selector switch, I can honestly say I was well pleased with the performance gain.

Now I have a 57 Plate Leon FR Tdi and still have revo switch but I see Revo is dearer than custom code.

My question is, has anyone had any experience of having Custom Code on a Mk2 Leon FR Tdi, how impressed were you?

Thanks for any feedback

Jai
Only problems I have had is in the summer that the engine derates [prolonged @4.5rpm] due to high combustion temps car then recovers . ..........................

thestonegate

Dan & Khym

Thanks for any feedback

Jai

I ran a Custom Code Remap on my 08 Leon FR TDi, it ran perfect, so much torque!

But now I run a Revo Stage 2+ on my K1, and I'm more than impressed.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Never had any dpf lights on mine, running custom code. Occasionaly the car has stuttered when accelerating but not so much since using millers additive. This is due to the exhaust gases trying to get through the dpf, and the dpf trying to contain them. Obviously when remapped a diesel would normally kick out more smoke.
However this is very rare and I have had no lights on ever.
On a power side, I came off a roundabout up a gradient dual carriageway when my mate in his 225bhp audi tt started to overtake me, I was in third, floored it and was 3 car lengths a head of him before the next roundabout getting up to almost 100mph. So in the gears it is clearly faster. I have no doubt from a standing start he would have done better or 90mph plus, but 35 to 90 it definitely has the edge. He was not happy when I told him its diesel:D

jaid

Nov 1, 2004
Thanks for your replies, question for thestonegate & johnbev.

When you had your remap done did you think wow this is a tottally different car now, was the power sooo much different from standard fr?

And where do u notice the power most, higher gears, lower revving etc???

I want to have it done and think wow its a totally different beast??

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Jaid, I have an Ibiza 130 tdi also, and when I first had the Leon it was no quicker at all than the ibiza down to power to weight I guess. But mapped it now goes like i thought it should have.
I am not sure how mapped cupras get on but in this damp greasy road weather I get trouble putting down the power even in third, I am told 300+ lbs of torque which is more than the cupra(221 as standard). The car will pull very smooth and in every gear and rev very cleanly over 4000rpm.
I generally drive normally but get a kind of buzz when I do get it to go, it is pretty fast.
I went custom code over revo down to cost for virually the same thing, my local dealer midland vw, used to be revo but now is custom code and he said it was smoother and less snatchy like revo. He is speaking from experience and has coded his leon fr tdi too.
Warranty is always a worry, but its the gamble you take, stick to a reputable company and you should be safe.

thestonegate

Dan & Khym
Thanks for your replies, question for thestonegate & johnbev.

When you had your remap done did you think wow this is a tottally different car now, was the power sooo much different from standard fr?

And where do u notice the power most, higher gears, lower revving etc???

I want to have it done and think wow its a totally different beast??

Yes - Totally different car, much faster off the mark and totally different to how it was before - its more noticeable after a week, when its all had time to settle and run in.

Power was noticeable from start and all through the range...infact I loved it, lazy mans car, never needed much gear change, just foot to floor and away you go, pinned to your seat!

If you get it done - you'll definately be thinking "Wow, its a totally different beast!":funk:

You won't regret it!

Space Coyote

May 12, 2003
Derbyshire
Visit site
I had JBS install CustomCode on my TDi Sport 40,000 miles ago and I've never had any warning lights, it's still as powerful as ever and no clutch slippage.

I know that mine isn't an FR, but hopefully this would give you a warm feeling about the extra power not causing any issues.

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Got Bluefin on mine, only done around 1k though - but no problems or DPF regeneration...

Impressed so far!

Chris