Leon MK1 FR Tdi Entering Limp Mode

stev-e

Gooday all,

I have a niggling problem with my leon fr tdi. I've only had the car since December last year and after a couple of weeks of ownership i kept seeing the diagnostic light on dashboard, with the car occasionally entering full limp mode. Sometimes when car was off overnight, i'd start it in the morning and the light would go off and problem would seemingly have disappeared only to come back again later. I also find that in the morning if i turn key to first position (point where all other dash lights come on and sequentially go off) and leave it for 30secs to 1 min the light will again go off. It has been to a Seat dealership last week for this fault - they changed the fuel pump relay i believe, but on the way home the fault re-appeared literally 10 mins down the road....Its going back in tomorrow (Mon 27th for them to look again)..

I appreciate this topic has come up before as i've read numerous previous threads on this forum having searched avidly....but not sure anyone has mentioned previously being able to get rid of fault light in the manner i described above...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated..

Laters.

stev-e

Can't provide any i'm afraid - don't have my own VAG-com - looking to order a cable actually cos seems would be handy...

Are the potential causes to numerous and varied to list - i've seen several reference to faulty MAF sensors, and on other VAG boards about the intake manifolf flap motor...as well as many others..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.