Leon Wireless Charging Mat

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
I have a 2017 Leon with a factory fit wireless charging pad, and I am trying to charge my phone using an aftermarket Qi Wireless Charging Receiver.

Indoors I have a wireless charging pad and the phone (Moto G7) charges OK using the receiver plugged into the phone's USB socket. This works OK with the phone case on too.

But using the car's charging pad, with the phone case on very very rarely will the phone charge. If I take the phone cover off, I get a message that the phone is charging and then a short while later another message stating that the mobile phone could not be charged in the tray.

The receiver is just a cheap Chinese one from Amazon, and I have just ordered another one to try out.

Has anyone got a phone to work OK with an aftermarket receiver? I assume that with a phone with built in wireless charging, the car's mat works OK all the time?

This all started once I had received an Android Auto wireless adapter https://www.cpeb.it/?r=slt-eml-bck-...mail&utm_campaign=bck-03172021update&utm_term

This works OK and I now don't have to plug the phone in using USB to use Android Auto, and I thought getting wireless charging to work would be the next step.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.