letter from seat recall mk3

Cupra Ken

more boost = more rattles
Sep 7, 2008
st ives, cambs
i bought my mk 3 curpra 3 months ago and have just got a letter this morning about the brake vacuum pipes, about the inconsistence of the pipe material causing the brake servo to lose its function, without the servo assistance a lot more force must be used on the pedal. the service is free and it goes to seat next week. Has anybody else had this letter and had anything replaced, my car is a 51 plate. cheers!

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
had this done on my old 51 plate cupra 3 years ago! now i have another cupra after writin it off and just had the letter through the door this mornin 3 years difference wtf! last time i went down seat cardiff could hear them givin my car some beans around the back not this time tho will drive it myself or take it elseware

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh i got the same letter this morning aswell. Im going to give them a ring and sort an inspection out. Better to be safe than sorry and best off all its FREE :)

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
cant beleive SEAT got my car to the stealers this morning and left it with them for an hour then they tell me the part which they ordered does not fit (its to short) and starts schpealing(spelling!) on about thats the part number that relates to the recall aparently the part number should end BG but the part they had ended with just, B............ so another trip on tueday. Hope nobady else has this issue.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
This makes me laugh, i done mine about 3 years ago myself after reading about the recall, never had the letter, they said i'd have to wait at least 8 weeks to get it done so i just asked if they had the part in stock and i'd replace it, they threw up a right stink about it saying i had to bring the original part in to make sure i got the replacement part for free.

I got it, replaced it in the car park outside, then walked in after cutting it up into 20 pieces and put it on the table. Pricks.

Just had the letter this week after nearly 4 years of ownership. Nice one seat.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.