Limp on a morning

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
Had this problem all winter :p
when i start my lcr up in the morning it starts fine and ticks over smooth. when i go to put my foot down once its warmed up it is in limp mode?
after i turn it off and back on its fine?
changed temp sensor and also changed my spark plugs back to standard ones as i thought the denso iridium plugs where to cold but it still does it.

any ideas ?

cupra_fr

Hi guys any lights on the speedo clocks at all..? EPC? it could be the accelerator pedal position switch, i think i can slighty remember my brothers cupra started doing it, then his epc light came on and it was one of the swtiches underneather the pedals.

hope it helps!

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
Mines the same and has been since december!

As you say turn the ignition off and back on and its fine full boost is back!

Vagcom always gives 17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!). I have service the DV checked and replaced hoses but still does it! Now im just used to starting the car driving for afew minutes then turning off and back on again but would like to sort it out if i could!

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Mines the same and has been since december!

As you say turn the ignition off and back on and its fine full boost is back!

Vagcom always gives 17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!). I have service the DV checked and replaced hoses but still does it! Now im just used to starting the car driving for afew minutes then turning off and back on again but would like to sort it out if i could!

Have you checked small pipes under inlet manifold? Check my rr thread. I had those for months.

sabikeuk

Ahhh maybe IAT
mine also shows the vacum drop for turbo to inlet
just figured it was from when i blew my intercooler hose off in the past
Will contact my mapper and ask the question

I just wonder if you have solved your issue..?

neil

Jan 3, 2002
Grimston
Visit site
if your cars have been mapped then the IAT values in the map need changing thats all:D

IAT stands for inlet air temp

Sorted! As said above, had a stage 2 remap done the other day and told the mapper about the problem and he said the IAT value just needed adjusting. Car is now fine, full power all the way!
neil