Looking for recommendation of which steering lock best fits a Born right hand drive please

Jan 22, 2024
Hi. Looking to increase anti-theft security on my Born. Would be grateful for any recommendations for a steering wheel lock that would fit a 2022 Born - right hand drive. Cant find any information online

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There’s an eBay seller currently advertising a Stoplock Pro Elite steering wheel lock and they’ve specifically stated it’ll fit a Cupra Born (They’ve included a Cupra Born model compatibility list further down the web page below the ad.).

The Stoplock Pro Elite came first in the 2021/2022 Auto Express steering wheel lock test;

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Disklok include size measurements under the FAQ’s on their website - see screenshot below. (https://disklokuk.co.uk/product/disklok-gold-edition/).

They also have a steering wheel protector to stop the Disklok marking the steering wheel rim.

The thing that would put me off the Disklok is where to store it once you‘ve taken it off the steering wheel. If it’s left lying loose in the cabin it could become a quite heavy projectile in the event of certain types of accident (although the risk is probably quite low). Having said that, the same risk would also apply to other types of steering wheel lock stored in the car’s cabin when
the car’s being driven.

Probably best stored in the boot when not in use IMHO. I see Disklok also sell a storage bag with Velcro strips to attach it to the boot floor to stop in sliding around.

IMG_0425.png

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Disklok include size measurements under the FAQ’s on their website - see screenshot below. (https://disklokuk.co.uk/product/disklok-gold-edition/).

They also have a steering wheel protector to stop the Disklok marking the steering wheel rim.

The thing that would put me off the Disklok is where to store it once you‘ve taken it off the steering wheel. If it’s left lying loose in the cabin it could become a quite heavy projectile in the event of certain types of accident (although the risk is probably quite low). Having said that, the same risk would also apply to other types of steering wheel lock stored in the car’s cabin when
the car’s being driven.

Probably best stored in the boot when not in use IMHO. I see Disklok also sell a storage bag with Velcro strips to attach it to the boot floor to stop in sliding around.

View attachment 40307
I have always put in in the pass foot well (boot if wife in car) and have never had any issue other than sometimes a bit of a rattle. Mine is so old it came with that storage bag included.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
If insured with a broker have a chat with them on the best steering locks, but Disklok have been around for many years now so for me I'd not buy any other..

Reactions: Seastormer
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.