Lots of warning lights! Brakes, PAS, ABS, etc...

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I shall have a proper look tomorrow, but I think they run to some of the 12v high current fuses next to the battery. These fuses I think power systems like PAS, ABS, Glow plugs etc

So I guess it's below the air box. The PAS one, goes from the 50A fuse in front of the battery direcly to the PAS module. The other ones goes below the battery and airbox (on TDI and TSI engines) to the respective modules.

wiring.png

P1120038-Large.jpg

Last edited:

smidster09

Nov 14, 2014
I am experiencing the same kind of problems, although my abs fuse is continually blowing, which makes me think it could be an electrical short somewhere but I will have a look at those wires this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
I had problems on mine with the ecu fuse blowing.

Problem was traced to the wiring loom behind the airbox that goes to the ecu. That had rubbed through against the chassis and was shorting.

see my original thread here

Dec 24, 2019
I’ve just had the exact same issue with a 2011 Ibiza and this thread pointed me in the right direction. I have posted a couple of pictures to help others with the same issues ( intermittent speedo, flashing warning lights etc). You can see from the pics the cable loom from the fuse box rubs on the air intake pipe and there is even copper residue at the point of abrasion. I cut the affected cable and added an inline crimp. Problem solved!

Attachments

• 5DAF4D0D-B071-4EA7-8FA3-955959708D29.jpeg
    5DAF4D0D-B071-4EA7-8FA3-955959708D29.jpeg
    813.2 KB · Views: 382
  • F1F6056D-6C64-485A-9034-C790473D349D.jpeg
    F1F6056D-6C64-485A-9034-C790473D349D.jpeg
    863.3 KB · Views: 374
Feb 14, 2020
Hey All,

Seat Ibiza owner 10 years old...
All warning lights and speed gauge dropped out.
Found the problem please read on!

I thought I would just put a comment on here as one of the comments saved me £££, even though I still ended up paying some £. Basically my ABS light kept coming on and my speed gauge dropped out, looked online and it seemed common for Seat Ibiza ABS to go and garage said the same paid £230 for new abs, fitting and it to be re collaborated. It seemed to fix the problem temporarily a few weeks down the line it was back again but I noticed it would drop out on bumps etc then I had ALL warning lights on but car drove fine, sometimes pulled when the ABS light was on. I took it to another garage they couldnt see any problems, but could see it dropping out.
Finally I saw a comment about the wires, Dad came round lifted the bonnet and the wires from the fuse box sit against a tube, they all had all rubbed away and snapped. Dad replaced them and guess what no warning lights! Been driving me crazy for 3-4 months. I have attached a picture, as I presume this must be common as the wires are just left to sit against the tube. It is right in the centre of the bonnet at the top, as u wouldn't notice it is not.
I hope this helps and stops ppl replacing the ABS like I did

Attachments

• 20200222_120717.jpg
    20200222_120717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
Feb 14, 2020
To be fair there a garage my Dad uses alot, and they let me buy the ABS myself. I wanted it fixing asap as it was Christmas and I was working away which I needed the car for and it was showing all the signs of a faulty ABS. You couldnt tell the wires where rubbing till you moved it and then they all split and I wouldn't 9f thought at looking at this if I hadn't seen the previous comment.

Mar 14, 2024
Hey All,

Seat Ibiza owner 10 years old...
All warning lights and speed gauge dropped out.
Found the problem please read on!

I thought I would just put a comment on here as one of the comments saved me £££, even though I still ended up paying some £. Basically my ABS light kept coming on and my speed gauge dropped out, looked online and it seemed common for Seat Ibiza ABS to go and garage said the same paid £230 for new abs, fitting and it to be re collaborated. It seemed to fix the problem temporarily a few weeks down the line it was back again but I noticed it would drop out on bumps etc then I had ALL warning lights on but car drove fine, sometimes pulled when the ABS light was on. I took it to another garage they couldnt see any problems, but could see it dropping out.
Finally I saw a comment about the wires, Dad came round lifted the bonnet and the wires from the fuse box sit against a tube, they all had all rubbed away and snapped. Dad replaced them and guess what no warning lights! Been driving me crazy for 3-4 months. I have attached a picture, as I presume this must be common as the wires are just left to sit against the tube. It is right in the centre of the bonnet at the top, as u wouldn't notice it is not.
I hope this helps and stops ppl replacing the ABS like I did
Thank you SO much for sharing this!! I’ve had the exact same problem and I took my car to 2 garages and neither could work out what it was!! One recommended a new ABS for £280! I read this thread the other night and had a look under the bonnet .. sure enough worn wires! Tonight my husband and dad replaced the wires and all the faults have gone! So pleased! And thankful for this post! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.