Loud vibration Noise on Acceleration

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
As above really. Was driving back from Brands hatch today and got 3/4 of the way home before I was accelerating up a hill and started getting a very loud vibration noise coming from the rear of my car. Checked the exhaust and heat shield - they are ok. I know the rear wheel bearings need doing but, Im sure it wouldnt cause such a horrendous noise.

My car is an Automatic so Im hoping its nothing related to the auto transmission.

Probably not going to get a direct reply but, I just want some ideas of what to check.

The fuel Gauge also doesnt appear to have moved at all from halfway. Will check that out on the way to work tomorrow.

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
need more info, is it just on acceleration? is it there all the time? is it just a noise or can u feel it through the pedals/ steering wheel etc?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Its purely on acceleration and when idling for a long time. Coming from the rear of the car on the passenger side. Sounds like something is scraping along the road but, nothing is loose and if it was the noise would be all the time ?

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
If you lift the back seats up thats where the fuel pump / sender unit is located.

Unscrew the hatch an see if everything seems ok.

Could always unplug it while the igition lights are on to see if the fuel dial loses comms with the sender?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members