major brake pain (Brembo)

ENTERNAMEHERE

After refurbing my brembo's, which now look stunning by the way, I now cant bleed the brakes. I have no brake pedal feel at all. I tried one of those Guyson Easi-bleed things but no joy.

Any ideas folks?

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
8mm bleed nipple on the master cylinder. You will need a deep socket with a flexy head extension to get on it.

Bleed that FIRST, then bleed all round again.

ENTERNAMEHERE

8mm bleed nipple on the master cylinder. You will need a deep socket with a flexy head extension to get on it.

Great, thanks.

I think I may need VAG-COM to bleed the ABS unit too. If all fails I'll take it along to SEAT on Monday.

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
I used the easy bleed a couple of weeks ago to do a brake fluid change, and it worked fine. Did you let the fluid run down below the level of the pick up hose in the easy bleeder?

Hope you get it sorted

ENTERNAMEHERE

pressure bleed if at all possible
dont pedal pump as you risk rolling the master cylinder seal

I suspect I may have rolled the seal. I'll learn :cry:

Although, when I push the pedal right to the floor there is some pressure available, so surely the seal is still ok?

How do you check if the M/S is okay? If it has rolled is a new M/S required or can the M/S be rebuilt?

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
if youve not any bubbles id say you need to do the ABS. you do need a few ltrs of fulid as iirc its 1 ltr from each caliper.

ENTERNAMEHERE

I've just been out in a monsoon...that aint an 8mm :confused:

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Hi, you may have seen my similar posting regarding bleeding brakes? There are two bleed nipples on the master cylinder & they are an 8mm hex! I bled there today AFTER bleeding the system again and hey presto, a peddle & brakes that work! I'm going to bleed the whole system including the master again (but 1st this time!) either one night in the week or on the weekend. If your Leon is an oiler then the master cylinder is easily accessible if you remove the boost pipe to the inlet. Simples!

ENTERNAMEHERE

Brakes again!

Thanks to the guy's at FifeSEAT I now have brakes. After 6hrs I drove away with brakes that are so much better than before! The guy did the entire system about 4 times including the master cylinder and the ABS unit using VAG-COM. Walked away with a bill for £67. Great service, ill be back

And I wont EVER drain the system dry again! :clown:

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Grrrrr, clearly not so 'simples'! As you found out, car has to go onto the Seat computer/vag-com to open the ABS valves to be bled... Peddle currently has a really strange feeling, looses the servo assistence when holding the car on the brakes :censored: Cant believe as a qualified mechanic - albeit 25 years ago, I've got to book my car into the main dealer to bleed the friggin brakes! Modern cars :wtf:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
grrrrr, clearly not so 'simples'! As you found out, car has to go onto the seat computer/vag-com to open the abs valves to be bled... Peddle currently has a really strange feeling, looses the servo assistence when holding the car on the brakes :censored: Cant believe as a qualified mechanic - albeit 25 years ago, i've got to book my car into the main dealer to bleed the friggin brakes! Modern cars :wtf:
lol

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Well, its been in the dealers & they reckon the servo's fooked! Did feel like that to me but with only 30k miles on it I thought 'nah, it can't be'... New servo - £200 ish+vat, 5 hours labour to change it, "about £600 with the vat"! Apparently the servo is so big, the engine has to be moved forward/down to get it out! Well I'll soon find out at I'll be tackling it myself, unless Seat come back to the dealer with some sort of good will gesture - car is 10 months out of warranty.... I'm hoping the low miles will help.....

mark1231

Sep 29, 2009
had this before you need to use a vacuum pump on all bleed nipples start at nsr osr nsf osf this work for me ok