mapped ibiza Vs astra vxr

CuPRaCaN

Mar 27, 2005
just wondering if anyone had gone against one of these. who would win ?

cheers rich

Jonzy

Ive been up against one, pulled away like I was standing still.

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
I raced one when i only had my smic and he only started to pull away from about 80 and even then it wasnt a walkover.

FMIC and id say it was even or even lean towards the ibiza.

flashbsd

i pulled away from one quite considerably, there must be a tuned one and a detuned one! lol.

The bloke looked pretty annoyed to say the least

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
I dont know why people think the vxr is "all that" so it has 240bhp, big deal it happens to weigh a tonne and torque steer like hell

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i really do like em, they arent blistering quick, but if u got the most outa one id say it would pull away from the ibiza eventually. they dont weight that much, around about the same as a Golf or Leon i think it is

Ryan cupra

Boooooost!
Oct 11, 2005
Maidstone, Kent
I had a little play with one on the A2, both had a rolling launch in 3rd gear, i was infront. i held the same distance up until about 80/90 then he came up behind me, not as quick as i thought it would have been.

I also had a play with a Focus ST, both launch in 2nd gear and then up through 3rd, he couldnt catch me. was suprised at that too. think he was aswell because he tailgated me for another mile trying to get me to race again. lol

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
i was put up against one at a drag racing meeting at bishopscourt..

Happy to say that i beat by a about 1--2 car lenghts

was quite surprised really though he would of had me.I Was talking to the fella in it just afterwards and he said that he was really tring just couldnt do anything about it

my ibiza was only remapped with catback millteck system and a green pannel filter :D

CuPRaCaN

Mar 27, 2005
cool, bloke at work keeps going on about how special there just wanted to shut him up.

cheers rich

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
acidstrato said:
i really do like em, they arent blistering quick, but if u got the most outa one id say it would pull away from the ibiza eventually. they dont weight that much, around about the same as a Golf or Leon i think it is

Leon Cupra R's are supposed to be 1365kg, thats quite alot, same weight as the Mitsubishi Evolution VI.

Thats nearly 200kg heavier than the Ibiza so they do weigh quite a bit more matey!!!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
GTi T said:
Leon Cupra R's are supposed to be 1365kg, thats quite alot, same weight as the Mitsubishi Evolution VI.

Thats nearly 200kg heavier than the Ibiza so they do weigh quite a bit more matey!!!

ahhh my bad, mk4 Golfs are like ~1270kg and being the same car essentially i assumed a leon would be around the same

id be surprised if the vxr far surpasses 1300kgs, which isnt much in comparison to what most new cars weight these days

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.