Mark's mk3 Ibiza, mk5 Ibiza mk2 Leon FR - NEW CUPRA 300 Ordered

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
lancia deltas rock! a proper left hand drive evo one past me the other day...he was giving it the beanz and it was popping and spitting! sounded awesome!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Yeh they're proper cars.

Just a pity the dissolve in the rain quicker than a digestive in a cup of tea.

Dad's is currently in the garage, in pieces, bodywork was getting very bad. It's a kinda restoration project, but unlike you Crezz, he makes no progress at all.

Say's he never has the time. Lol

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Yo mark. Nice key. How much, if you don't mind me asking? And do you need Vag-com to program the key or can you do it the old fashioned 'hold the lock and press the unlock three times' thing?

Owen

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Too much lol, well it was £48 for the bottom half from David @ seremotors, then the other half with the blade was £12 from ebay, then it was £5 to get it cut.

As for programming, it's a bit of both lol.

To get it to lock and unlock the doors, its the simple hold the lock button and press the unlock button 3 times.

However the tricky bit the the immobiliser coding, the full version of Vag-com is needed for that.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Forgot to say you could always take the transponder out of your of your old key and put it in the new one. That would bypass the need for vagcom

Wicked, thanks. May well have to invest in one of them then. Not that I have anything against Vag-com, it's just computers in general :lol: I only need one key to work anyway :p

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Lol, well I'm pretty handy with computers, but it was still a nerve wrecking experience, I was worried that if it screwed up I'd end up with the immobiliser rejecting all my keys.

Thankfully it all went well, but swapping the chips is definetly the easier option

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Mpg :(

Took the car on a little road trip on Wednesday, was actually in Dublin viewing apartments as I start a 1 year placement there in July.

Anyway managed to clock up 291miles for the whole journey and a few other trips that day and the car did 35.8mpg :(

So I've kinda been thinking maybe its time I invested in a Diesel, or even just a faster petrol, whats the point of a slow 1.4 when I could probably get similar mileage from something faster and more fun to drive, and it wouldn't be sitting at 4000rpm the whole way along the motorway.

A TDI PD130 is looking seriously tempting, cheaper tax, better mpg, and a hell of a lot faster!

Wonder what the insurance would be like? Off to confused to check lol.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Unfortunately the 1.4 is no high speed motorway cruiser, had 40mpg out of ours doing a steady 70, but heading to 80 and beyond really lowers it.

If your not going to be doing huge mileage the diesel will never pay for itself over the petrol option.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Yeh I was probably doing 80 most of the way there, speed limits are in km/h down south so its 120km/h which is around 75mph, so 80's what most people seem to do on that road.

Like you said, a diesel will probably not pay for itself though, currently I'm doing around 10k a year, and a few trips home from Dublin would add about 4k if I did the trip twice a month.

So at most my mileage would be somewhere between 13-15k, still well within petrol territory!

Cheers for the advice!

Last edited:

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Ok so I finally got round to doing this, having got the parts several weeks ago!

4thMaySEAT006.jpg

It will look a lot better with the mirrors colour coded.

Is Dat Painted?
:)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Hey!

No it's not painted, its sticky vinyl stuff that I bought from SEAT. Came pre cut and everything, all I had to do was stick it on.

Wasn't too expensive, think it worked out about £12 for the 4 strips.

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
one more question on the vinyl, is there a part number? or ehm.. what do i ask for when i call up my local dealer?
is it okay to use power hose on?

maybe that was 3 questions but meh lol

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Mark,

Did you get the key sorted?

Hey, sorry for the 1 month late reply, never got an email notification for this post.

Yeh, I got the key working 100% played about with Vag-com and got it coded to the immobiliser, would have been a lot easier to just take the transponder from the existing key, but I liked the idea of having 1 flip key, 1 remote key and a spare normal key.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
one more question on the vinyl, is there a part number? or ehm.. what do i ask for when i call up my local dealer?
is it okay to use power hose on?

maybe that was 3 questions but meh lol

Can't actually remember the part numbers but I'll dig out the invoice at the weekend. I think their mentioned in the FAQ section somewhere as well.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Looks like the cold snap is taking its toll on my car - it's looking particularly filthy and I suspect the cold weather has burst my rear washer jet pipe, as I get a pathetic trickle and the boot is nice and damp :think:

Oh well, it'll give me something to do over the weekend lol. If its not too cold!!!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
After reading your thread from start to finish, i would like to say that your car looks bloody brilliant.. I have been put off the whole 'Cupra Bumpers' by the £££'s.. The way you have done it is quality.. Is there a thread on how to code the mirrors? Having only passed my test a little over a month ago, and an ibiza chill being my first motor, I'm new to this..

Another thing I would like to ask is... Is there a SereMotors in England, because it sounds like you rely on that place, and I would love to follow in your footsteps lol..

Anything you could help me on would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks
Jordan

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.