Mashburns Flash Red LCR *Now ready for stage 2!*

JamJay

California Bound
I'll be honest jamjay, my mate did most of the work :redface: , so im not sure what happened with that corner peice. I say break it off anyway!! :D

As you can see in one of the pics, the feed runs between the SMIC and the arch.

The way we did it was to attatch the feed to the foglight hole using gaffa tape, then pull it up the side of the arch and up to the airbox. My feed is 1 meter long and is just the right length.

Remove the plastic inner arch and it is alot clearer where the feed is going to go.
Its also alot easier if you unclip the plastic grill peice that houses the fog light. It basically just pushes out from the back.

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124423

If you look at the first picture on this thread there is an OEM 225 steering wheel, note no thunb holes.
There usually just the same as the 210 one but with the red tab at the top and badge at the bottom

Yeh it does look a bit different, but then again that car isnt a UK model and even the dashboard is different (as discussed in the thread).

Anyway, i'm not worried.....it fits, it feels good, i like it!! :p

:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yeh it does look a bit different, but then again that car isnt a UK model and even the dashboard is different (as discussed in the thread).

Anyway, i'm not worried.....it fits, it feels good, i like it!! :p

:D
Fair doo's

Looks very nice mate, as for the wheel looks just like mine has thumb holes on a 225
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183213&page=3 half way down the page
Well been on this forum 4 odd years and never knew there were two different steering wheels for a 225, every days a school day:)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Very nice car mate, love black wheels especially on red - it's just a shame they need a remap to keep up with the grey one's! :;): :p

Got yourself a bargain there bud & the TLC you've shown her has really paid dividends - hat's off to ya fella. Will be keeping an eye on this one with interest. :)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Very nice car mate, love black wheels especially on red - it's just a shame they need a remap to keep up with the grey one's! :;): :p

Got yourself a bargain there bud & the TLC you've shown her has really paid dividends - hat's off to ya fella. Will be keeping an eye on this one with interest. :)

LOL about the remap! :D:D:D:D

Im so glad i decided to go black with the wheels, i nearly had them done the original colour!

Thanks for the comments. :)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Just thought id do an updated list of mods and future mods....

The car currently has:

Fabia rear wiper (previous owner)
W8 interior light (previous owner)
Samco TIP (previous owner)
Forge quick shift (previous owner)
Forge dump valve (previous owner)
225 steering wheel
'Cupra R' tax disc holder
Stainless 'R' footrest
Forge polished oil and water caps
New front splitter
3 new 'R' badges
Pipercross panel filter
Alpine headunit with Parrot bluetooth
CD changer removed and stowage box fitted to house bluetooth unit
Resprayed bonnet and front bumper
Refurbished wheels finished in matt black
Revo stage 1 remap with select plus switch
Powerflex dog bone bushes
3" cold air feed from air box to fog light hole

Unfortunately the mods are gunna have to stop untill next year, but here's the wishlist....

Red silicone turbo hoses
S3 front upper strut brace
Polished charge pipe
Boost guage
LCR Recaro front seats
....and a trip to THE RING!! :)

For now i'll have to keep myself occupied with my new waxes. Got some Collinite 476s to protect it over winter, along with some Dodo Juice Orange Crush for extra shinyness!:D
Also got some Poorboys wheel sealant to help protect the rims from the winter nastys!

Last edited:

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
Nice one mate! I'm loving the black wheels against the red. Car's looking really good!

I've got the same tax disc holder and S/S footplate as you, nice little touches ain't they?! ;)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Nice one mate! I'm loving the black wheels against the red. Car's looking really good!

I've got the same tax disc holder and S/S footplate as you, nice little touches ain't they?! ;)

Thanks Phil, your is also looking nice.

Yeh, i think they finish the interior off nicely. Dont think most people notice them to be honest, but i like them so :p

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Just thought id do an updated list of mods and future mods....

The car currently has:

Fabia rear wiper (previous owner)
Samco TIP (previous owner)
Forge quick shift (previous owner)
Forge dump valve (previous owner)
225 steering wheel
'Cupra R' tax disc holder
Stainless 'R' footrest
Forge polished oil and water caps
New front splitter
3 new 'R' badges
Pipercross panel filter
Alpine headunit with Parrot bluetooth
CD changer removed and stowage box fitted to house bluetooth unit
Resprayed bonnet and front bumper
Refurbished wheels finished in matt black
Revo stage 1 remap
Powerflex dog bone bushes
3" cold air feed from air box to fog light hole

Unfortunately the mods are gunna have to stop untill next year, but here's the wishlist....

Red silicone turbo hoses
S3 front upper strut brace
Polished charge pipe
Boost guage
LCR Recaro front seats
....and a trip to THE RING!! :)

For now i'll have to keep myself occupied with my new waxes. Got some Collinite 476s to protect it over winter, along with some Dodo Juice Orange Crush for extra shinyness!:D
Also got some Poorboys wheel sealant to help protect the rims from the winter nastys!

Should of also said, i want to get the car rolling road at some point aswell, would just like to have some proven bhp figures now that i've had it Revo'd.
It would be nice to have it done at a VAG rolling road day of some sort, so i'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
10724_153574790265_665470265_3899661_7481977_n.jpg

Hey Mash, forgot to ask earlier, what head unit is that you've got?
I'm after the Alpine ida-x305. Yours looks VERY similar except for the screen. :confused:

Cheers :)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Mines the 303 model, and it's a very good headunit. Not sure how the 305 differs but I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. Quite pricey though by the time you've bought the Bluetooth interface aswell.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.