Maverick's Emocion Red MK4 TDI - DIY Wheel Refurb **NOW FINISHED** Page 10+

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Sorry to bring up something you did ages ago... but could you post a link to those LED's you added to the dash (under radio) - and also where did you get the flip key from? Dealers?

Very nice ride by the way, I really love the OEM style Mods, nice and subtle :D

Thanks!

I really cant remember exactly where I got them from mate. it was from an old ebay id too so i can't even go into my buy history. All I can remember doing is searching for red LED strip. The ones I got were from Japan.

I got the flip key off another member on here that didnt work on his car, think it was about £5 i paid him, and then another £10 to get it cut.

Cheers, I have had a few things done to it since the last update as i've said (including side skirts), which I will post up when I get all the pics taken. If I have time later I'll put it up then :)

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
This update has been a while in coming! haha

Re-painted my front badge:
(and you can see that I re-placed the FR badge on the front with a smaller cupra logo) - (less in you face i think)

Before:

dcda412e.jpg

During:

83e6c2a4.jpg

adf9d335.jpg

After:

ce49e29d.jpg

bb6eaf12.jpg

And for those with keen eyes, you'll see that I got a set of plate surrounds too.

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
How do them side skirts attach to the sills mate?

Mine were 2nd hand. so the sticky strip along the top was used up. I got the guy to use a silicone adhesive, then it was taped up over night to hold it on. you can probably see the screws used at the end of the skirt.. I'm gonna take them out and re-paint them red so they're un-seen.

there are 10 little clips underneath the skirts (5 on each side) holding them to the under sill too.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Wow that looks fantastic, good work :D

I love the anthracite edging instead of chrome, I really need to do this with mine but i'm terrible at painting :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.