MIB Toolbox on the Arona 2020 / SD Nav updates

Hey folks, I am trying to update the maps on my OH's Arona (2020)

The Installed 'SW Train version' is

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0514T
SW MU version 0514

I gathered from this it is a MIB2 Standard unit - so went ahead and downloaded MIB Toolbox, so I could use the latest maps on my own SD Card.

(Already activated Dev mode)

No matter what I try - I cannot get MIB Toolbox to work, I either get messages like Device doesn't support this etc etc (sorry vague I know)

But I downloaded loads of versions to test.

The only things that could be a culprit;

1) I am using an SD Card adaptor with a Micro SD card inside, rather than just a full sized SD card - could this be the issue? It's formatted to FAT32, tried NTFS, same issue.
2) The car just doesn't support it?

It's strange as my brothers Tiguan MK2 also has the same errors, the only thing in common is the SD card thing above - as I am following all the right steps.

Either that or it's the wrong radio type, the Arona has the touch screen nav radio, 2 SD card slots in the glovebox. It does have carplay/aa but only wired.

The Tiguan has a slightly different radio, but as above carplay is wired, but apparently on that one you can unlock 'wireless' for it.

Appreciate any help in advance!

Tell

Staff member
There isn't a lot of experience on the mib2 standard toolbox round here. If it's like the mib2 high toolbox which it will be it will only work with specific releases of the firmware. I guess 514 isn't. For the high I had someone helpfully write me the module to enable it. There are hooks that these toolboxes use on each software release. Blame it on Mr Fixit he gets income off his Youtube videos worked up on boards but there isnt the support on his channel. You see that on comments unanswered.

Reactions: SeanyK

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Reading on the toolbox website, it’s not compatible for installation via SD card on 0514. You can only install by emmc or hsd2usb

Tell

Staff member
If it is wireless wifi the Arona doesn't have it. Pretty sure. I looked myself. They started fitting those units to Leons but never got to Aronas so if you were trying to get it into AAW you would be disappointed. You'd check the hardware against that and the ones that have it but pretty sure (99.999%) no wifi in the Arona mib2 standard units fitted. Chipset isn't in them. Tiguan will be like the Leon 3 towards the end of the mib2 standard line when they got wifi. Ateca the same I reckon. Mine is a mib2 high so I had it, so watched with interest when they started to roll it out to mib2 standard. The first mib2 highs in the Ateca they didn't set up correctly so it offered a hotspot from the unit but no SIM card in the unit. That was for eSim / unit with a SIM slot.

I did unlock the screen covered on the Obdeleven Ateca posts which allowed you to link your mobile hot spot into the unit. Subsequently they enabled the screen. This was Seats first toe in the water of connected services.

Back on subject even if you could do that for AAW it uses the 5ghz band (dual). I've looked for that. Isn't in my 2016 unit. Might be In the Tiguan if a newer unit. Might be more Obdeleven / VCDS coding you need but given I don't reckon that unit is kitted out with the Wi-Fi chipset you'd hit the buffers.

trucchi

Dec 10, 2023

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0514T
SW MU version 0514

I gathered from this it is a MIB2 Standard unit - so went ahead and downloaded MIB Toolbox, so I could use the latest maps on my own SD Card.

No matter what I try - I cannot get MIB Toolbox to work, I either get messages like Device doesn't support this etc etc (sorry vague I know)

1) I am using an SD Card adaptor with a Micro SD card inside, rather than just a full sized SD card - could this be the issue? It's formatted to FAT32, tried NTFS, same issue.

It's strange as my brothers Tiguan MK2 also has the same errors, the only thing in common is the SD card thing above - as I am following all the right steps.

Either that or it's the wrong radio type, the Arona has the touch screen nav radio, 2 SD card slots in the glovebox. It does have carplay/aa but only wired.

The Tiguan has a slightly different radio, but as above carplay is wired, but apparently on that one you can unlock 'wireless' for it.

ciao ,
definitely using an adapter won't make the process work. You have to use a USB-C directly without an adapter.
I write this from experience, I updated the firmware of my Arona to the MOI3_EU_SE_R8410L MU0841 version, but using an adapter and it didn't recognize the USB port, while simply using the USB-C stick everything went well.

Tell

Staff member
ciao ,
definitely using an adapter won't make the process work. You have to use a USB-C directly without an adapter.
I write this from experience, I updated the firmware of my Arona to the MOI3_EU_SE_R8410L MU0841 version, but using an adapter and it didn't recognize the USB port, while simply using the USB-C stick everything went well.
That will be a mib2 with USB-A from the firmware release (514). Yours would be USB-C being mib3 and that firmware. That's the reversible dual usb sticks to use to avoid adaptors or USB-C stick if your PC is kitted out with USB-C.

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0514T
SW MU version 0514

The unit will be HW number 50, which for seat means no Bueno with the toolbox via SD. The same goes for HW 41 on units with MOST.

If it is wireless wifi the Arona doesn't have it. Pretty sure. I looked myself. They started fitting those units to Leons but never got to Aronas so if you were trying to get it into AAW you would be disappointed. You'd check the hardware against that and the ones that have it but pretty sure (99.999%) no wifi in the Arona mib2 standard units fitted. Chipset isn't in them. Tiguan will be like the Leon 3 towards the end of the mib2 standard line when they got wifi. Ateca the same I reckon. Mine is a mib2 high so I had it, so watched with interest when they started to roll it out to mib2 standard. The first mib2 highs in the Ateca they didn't set up correctly so it offered a hotspot from the unit but no SIM card in the unit. That was for eSim / unit with a SIM slot.

I did unlock the screen covered on the Obdeleven Ateca posts which allowed you to link your mobile hot spot into the unit. Subsequently they enabled the screen. This was Seats first toe in the water of connected services.

Back on subject even if you could do that for AAW it uses the 5ghz band (dual). I've looked for that. Isn't in my 2016 unit. Might be In the Tiguan if a newer unit. Might be more Obdeleven / VCDS coding you need but given I don't reckon that unit is kitted out with the Wi-Fi chipset you'd hit the buffers.
Only MIB3 & MH2P supports wireless Carplay. (MH2P does not support wireless android auto, and has never been installed in a Seat model)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.