Mickylad's White Mk4 Ibiza PD100 to PD200 Update PG4 - Brembos and Sachs Clutch

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
Strips are staying black for the meantime... I prefer it to colour coding... have the Cupra spoiler here waiting for it to be sprayed.

The FR alloys I have sitting here they were off it as soon as the car was bought.

where did you get the cupra spoiler and how much ?

would you put a before and after pic on when its fitted please

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
where did you get the cupra spoiler and how much ?

would you put a before and after pic on when its fitted please
Can't speak for Micky, I got mine at a special offer price from Dave at SERE Motors, he had about 15-20 if I remember correctly for £35 each plus P+P.

I've got pics of my before and afters in my RR. Although mine is on standard pre-facelift bumpers so not quite the same.

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Cheers mate, just thought I'd throw up a quick spec list for the SCN Crew, make of the coilovers in it:

Modifications:
- PD150 Turbo
- PD150 Injectors
- Seat Sport FMIC
- Forge Boost Pipes
- Allard EGR Delete Pipe
- Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust (Non-Resonated)
- PD160 Intake
- Green Cotton Panel Filter
- Autotune Custom Map
- 17" BBS LM-R Gloss Black with Polished Lip
- AP Coilovers
- Black Vinyled Front Splitter
- Stubby Aerial
- Seat Sport Front Strut Brace
- Forge Rear Strut Brace
- Whiteline Rear Anti-Roll Bar

backus

Aug 2, 2010
northern ireland
wasnt expecting that list of mods no u havnt had it long, glad i didnt try racing u the other night lmao there alot of work fitting the intercooler how much it cost for it and the pipes if u dont mind me being noisey?

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Woah, I didn't realise how long it was since I last updated this thread, car has changed a bit since this, just taking these from other forums I have updated, so they might no make sense in some parts!

Here is a quick spec list of what it currently has:

Modifications:
- PD150 Turbo
- PD150 Injectors
- Seat Sport FMIC
- VR6 Uprated Clutch w/ G60 Flywheel
- Forge Boost Pipes
- Allard EGR Delete Pipe
- Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust (Non-Resonated)
- PD160 Intake
- Green Cotton Panel Filter
- Autotune Custom Map
- Vibratechnics RHS Engine Mount
- Superpro 70K Dog-Bone Mount
- Powerflex Front Wishbone Rear Bushes
- 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 w/ Yokohama Parada S2 205/40
- AP Coilovers
- 20mm H&R Trax+ Hub-centric Spacers
- Stubby Aerial
- Seat Sport Front Strut Brace
- Forge Rear Strut Brace
- Whiteline Rear Anti-Roll Bar
- Sparco Leather Bucket Seats
- Custom Made Seat Mounts
- OMP Corsica Dished Steering Wheel
- Stripped Rear (Seats, Carpers, Belts, Plastics)

Here's a picture of how it sits at the minute..

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

When the wheels arrived, first things first is to get them sealed up.. Poorboys Wheel Sealant made it's appearance here..

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Also couple of pictures of the seats...

271911_10150227349056687_508641686_7516408_8347469_o.jpg

255870_10150227349091687_508641686_7516409_4495325_o-1.jpg

OMP Corsica wheel, one of my cheapest but most favourite purchuses..

IMG_0150.jpg

Also with the power, I managed to break an engine mount on the right hand side, therefore had to replace it with uprated Vibratechnics RHS Engine and Rear Torque mounts. Couple of pictures showing comparisons and also them fitted aswell.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Quick pictures of the engine bay, nothing special but you can see the Front Strut Brace and the Forge Piping, aswell as the Allard Delete pipe...

2700b901.jpg

More recently, the car started to develop a misfire and after replacing the injector loom, it never cured the problem. When plugging in, all of the injector values were all over the place, therefore had to replace all of the injectors instead...

IMG_0064.jpg

Also, some goodies came in the post for the car that I only managed to get fitted about 2 weeks ago. Consisted of a black front grill (to get rid of the horrible chrome around the edge of the standard one) and front polybushings.

IMG_0133.jpg

I knew that the Front Wishbone Rear Bushes were bad, but when I eventually got it on the jack, they were literally hanging out of it...

IMG_0135.jpg

Much better...

IMG_0140-1.jpg

Lastly, I managed to get myself a set of Brembo 4 Pot Calipers and 323mm discs off of a Leon Cupra R, but have yet to get them fitted to the car. Just a quick picture I took whe they arrived of the Caliper, gonna repaint it and freshen them up a bit before putting them on the car.

IMG_0111.jpg

More recently, have been in the market for a Clutch/Flywheel replacement, and after having considered the options, I decided to go for a VR6/G60 flywheel combination, as I didn't plan on getting any more power out of the engine in the near future. This is getting installed by OBD Autotune, not something I want to do myself without access to a lift. When removing this fro the car, it was evident from the pressure plate that the clutch had been slipping, so out with the old and in with the new. Sorry only have pictures of the actual clutch plate, none of during installation.

IMG_0260.jpg

Also, as previously recorded, the Vibratechnics Rear Torque Mount is now out of the car as there was simply too much vibration for everyday use, I opted to go for the Superpro Front Lower Engine Mount Bushing instead, in the 70K variant hoping to elimate the vibration, not necessarily completely, but to a point where I could have the car ticking over and every part of the cabin wasn't getting shaken to bits. Using a picture from last install to compare the standard and Vibratechnics mounts

IMG_0098.jpg

And then a picture of the standard mount minus the original bushing (left while residue which was more than likely Aluminium Oxide.. cleaned before new bushing was inserted)

IMG_0263.jpg

And a picture of the new bushing inserted.

IMG_0264.jpg

Also, did a test fit of the calipers, discs onto the new hubs and stuck a wheel on to make sure that they were going to fit, here's what sort of clearance I've got...

IMG_0212.jpg

Not alot, about 2-3mm, but at present the Brembo's are being sent to get a full refurbishment before they are on the car, meanwhile I'll try and get the current discs skimmed, however have opted to got for Ferodo DS2500 pads, looking around £120-130!! Leaves the braking setup coming in at a pretty penny, but should all be worth it in the end. Haven't decided what brake lines I am going to use at the minute, have the originals there, but might go down the option of braded hoses. Just another quick (and slighty crappy) picture of the brake setup behind one of the wheels...

IMG_0214.jpg

That should be me now, just waiting to get the car back at the minute, going to test the clutch out, hopefully it will be up to standard!

Another quick update, got the Brembo brakes back from refurbishment, thanks to PorscheCalipers for the work on them, they turned out fantastic! Had to replace the seals, and got them powercoated, the finish on them is exceptional!

Few pictures that Thomas has taken, really show off the finish..

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Also, ordered some HEL Braided Brake Lines to match up with the fresh calipers, don't have any pictures of these but the quality is first class too.

Some new brake pads were ordered to match up with the Brembos, after a lot of consideration, opted to go for the Ferodo DS2500 pads due to the vast amount of good reviews about them, but they didn't come in cheap, at £142 for brake pads, they're definately the dearest brake pad I've bought.

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Moving away from the front of the car, and to the back, got my hands on some H&R Trax+ 20mm Hubcentric spacers, to push the wheels out a bit from the back, as I always thought they tucked in too much. Just fitted them tonight, but the rain means that I have no decent pictures. Just have some of the actual spacers themselves, which might I add are very VERY light! :D

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

That's it for now, but with pay day fast approaching, trying to budget in myself some Godspeed Leon Cupra R 323mm grooved brakes, therefore completing the front brake setup, so I can move on to piecing it all together. Quick wee stock picture from their website...

81-115-thickbox.jpg

Sorry for the massive update, but at least that keeps the thread right, and up to date for anyone who wants to read it.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Mar 19, 2010
Love seeing long updates like this. Youve made some hellish progress with this car. car suites pro race 3's so much. just a question... what do you use to keep the bay so clean ?haha

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Thanks for your kind comments fella.

The engine bay is usually cleaned with an APC 4:1 solution, and then believe it or not AG Instant Tyre Shine, which might I add is crap on tires but perfect for this. It's not too bad if you keep ontop of it, and don't let a lot of grime build up over time. I did try other products before but give too much of a shine for my liking, and also thought that it helped trap all the crap of the day too.

Took a gamble at the Pro Race 3's, but think its paid off well.

Will update when I get brakes next.

Mar 19, 2010
Love to see how brakes go. I'm thinking of going with so 312 mm ones myself. Them brembos do look good though!

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Will update the thread as soon as I get the brakes fitted, can order th in 3 minutes time, excited much :)

312mm conversion seems very popular, my mate did it recently on his Polo GTi and he likes the setup!

Last edited:

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Thanks mate, got very terrible at updating the thread recently, on top of it now so expect more updates, more frequently in the future.

At least until I am 21, so I can try and persuade the insurance company to let me insure an E46 M3.

Last edited:

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
i could read this thread all day if it kept going! making my white fr seem rubbish haha. tidy motor though, how many miles you got on the clock?

i would also like a cupra spoiler for mine but they seem hard to come by =/

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Hopefully it will keep going, so long as the money keeps coming in...

49,000 just on it, it's a 2008 car.

Got my spoiler from David @ SERE, handy paid too!

Last edited:

uksteffy

Jul 18, 2011
Bristol
mint ibiza lad credit to you, actually from Larne myself and seen your thread on jon44 n counldnt help but read it again on this. i like to see someone who has took the time money and hard effort to modify tastefully, but also whit the performace to match it. What sort of BHP and torque figures have u managed? and is there more power to come?

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
I dunno about the more power to come, will find out in a few months time, at the minute just getting the braking sorted like and then will look into more power. Thanks for your kind comments!

Just a quick update, 256 rear brake setup has been bought yesterday, will get pictures up soon!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members