Missing AUX function

Retain

Oh FFS!! I'm just about at the end of my tether with dealers. So, the CD player and aircon got fixed after waiting about a million months for the parts. In doing so they manage to knacker the wiper alignment which I dropped it in for this morning. The banana fingured buffons managed to cross thread a nut on the wiper arm whilst 'fixing' this so needed to replace it with a new part (wiper linkage they said - dunno, not fussed... it's sorted now!).

Anyway, excuse the rambling. I've been so chuffed with the CD player working that only tonight did I hook my iPod up to play some choons... my AUX functionality has gone!! I'm connected through the 3.5mm jack (it's not an iPod connector) but the button to toggle between CD/AUX both on the dash and steering wheel just selects CD... no toggling to AUX. Also in the Prog. section the 'AUX Volume' bit is missing. I'm guessing they've either not connected something, fitted the wrong unit or not coded something. Either way - do any of you geniuses know if this can be sorted by myself or is this trip number six to the stealers...?

Thanks... again! :D

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
what a farse for you mate, seat raelly have poor after sales!!! It is easy to take out the stereo and it will most likely be a loose connection you just need the keys that you can get off ebay for less then £4

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
think in the menu option you can turn off the aux function ...

will check it out in mine tonight when i go out.... but i'm sure i;ve seen that option.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
think in the menu option you can turn off the aux function ...

will check it out in mine tonight when i go out.... but i'm sure i;ve seen that option.

Yep, you can turn it off.

Press the "prog" button then press the round buttons below the lcd display where the arrow is >

Then press the round button for "aux" and this toggles it between on and off.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Retain

Thanks guys. Just tried looking the menus... if I press Prog and then '>', the only other two options which appear are 'tpvol' and 'reg'. I think I remember seeing the AUX function there you're right (i.e. before I took the car in) so it does seem like the whole function is just missing. Before I go taking the unit out, which I probably will anyway, is a loose connection likely to cause this or is it more likely going to need VAGCOM to programme it in?

AnthonyP

I had this problem when I picked up my car earlier this year. The aux plug was there but there was no switch on the radio to turn the function on. It turned out the radio was was the wrong type. After three months of waiting the took the radio from one on the lot and put it in. Fair enough it works but only on the left hand speakers and havnt been back since to get them to fix that problem.

Seat at the time said there was no issue and it was the corrext radio but the garage took a few weeks to understand the situation. the only answer is a new radio unit from seat

Best of luck getting it sorted

mitchathome

I have the same problem, about 3 months ago I got the stereo replaced under warranty as the cd player had packed up. During the 8 weeks or so that it took the dealers to get a replacement I had been using my ipod plugged into the Aux connection and switched to Aux using the cd/aux button with no problems. It was only the other day that I decided that I wanted to listen to a few tracks on the ipod and when I plugged it in and tried to switch from CD to Aux nothing !! If I eject the current cd and try to switch all I get is no cd is present.
I am due a service in the next couple of weeks and will raise the issue with them then and see what they can come up with, in the meantime I will trawl through the menu's and see if it's simply something that hasn't been activated.

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
When I had my radio replaced because of a faulty cd drive, they configured mine wrong. So when I pressed cd/aux with a cd in the drive it would come up with a no changer error.

connected vag-com the other week and reconfigured it myself, now it works fine!!

Retain

Yep - turns out it was a coding issue. I don't have VAGCOM but they hooked it up and the dealers, changed a code and AUX is back finally!! So - looks like it's all sorted :) Workshop manager was very apologetic with all the revists I've had to do and has offered a discount on my next service (which is my 27k one in about 500 miles!) plus they'll pick up the car from work and drop it back same day - that's restored a bit of my faith in them!

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
Yep - turns out it was a coding issue. I don't have VAGCOM but they hooked it up and the dealers, changed a code and AUX is back finally!! So - looks like it's all sorted :) Workshop manager was very apologetic with all the revists I've had to do and has offered a discount on my next service (which is my 27k one in about 500 miles!) plus they'll pick up the car from work and drop it back same day - that's restored a bit of my faith in them!

You wouldn't now how the setting is called?!
Went to my dealer today with this info, as mine also doesn't work anymore since it was swapped...no aux option in the program menu and nothing when I press AUX.
Just to say I spotted a HUGE questionmark above his head when I told him it might be a computer setting :cry:

Retain

Sorry no!! All I know is that there are three settings - the guy there just hooked their computer to the diagnostics port and changed it; took a few seconds. The options apparantly are:

1. Bog standard CD player functionality.
2. 6 disc changer / iPod adapter connected.
3. CD/Aux funtionality i.e. the 3.5mm jack near the handbrake.

Needless to say it needs to be the 3rd one. Tell them to give Lookers Seat in Stockport a bell - they should remember as it was only last week. Don't mind naming the dealer now seeing as they did sort everything out and, despite a few mishaps originally, they're a thoroughly nice bunch and I'll continue to use them :)

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
Sorry no!! All I know is that there are three settings - the guy there just hooked their computer to the diagnostics port and changed it; took a few seconds. The options apparantly are:

1. Bog standard CD player functionality.
2. 6 disc changer / iPod adapter connected.
3. CD/Aux funtionality i.e. the 3.5mm jack near the handbrake.

Needless to say it needs to be the 3rd one. Tell them to give Lookers Seat in Stockport a bell - they should remember as it was only last week. Don't mind naming the dealer now seeing as they did sort everything out and, despite a few mishaps originally, they're a thoroughly nice bunch and I'll continue to use them :)

Hmm thats gonna be difficult, I'm located in Holland :p
But that with the 3 choices should narrow down the search.

SEATgod

Glad they fixed your problem....very happy they reimbursed you for YOUR time and effort!!

Lookers are a good bunch....very customer friendly and the Master Tech is switched on!!

Claire out the front is a bit of a Looker too......sorry couldn't help myself!! lol