MK1 Leon FR TDI, Stealth Edition [PREPPING FOR SALE]

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Just gone threw this whole build all I can say is wow !!

Just spent 3hours reading this and the missus has fell out with me for it aha. Truly awesome car! Might not have a missus in the morning but got inspiration for mine now thanks a lot pal :D

Thanks very much, plenty more work to come yet :D

I wish I had a sunroof!

I agree with the GB plates, they look rash.
yes, iam going to relocate the reverse camera or change it for a more discreet one, and get a standard plates without the GB logo and maybe do some illegal spacing and keep these plates in the boot for MOT or if the police dont like my new plates

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
yea i think if i move on, thats what it will be. can take my plate with me too then lol

gonna go 5 door, i know the 2 door is sportier but i like the convenience of of 4 doors

did think about the 184 tdi but no dsg, which i really fancy this time around, plus 184 is only available on 3 door

Last edited:

HedleyNEUK

more doors for more whor*s ;)

Really inspired mate, took me 3 days of coming back to my laptop before and after work
to read this thread but worth every second...

Some intense thought and time (and cash) gone into it.

im literally getting the train at half 9 to glasgow to pick up my FR tdi
so will start with some decent plans after this

Hedley

Last edited by a moderator:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Well if you do get a mk3, you know who'll have some of your bits off you so you can throw yours out to a larger market with my standard parts ;) seats and brembos spring into my head ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
more doors for more whor*s ;)
Really inspired mate, took me 3 days of coming back to my laptop before and after work
to read this thread but worth every second...
Some intense thought and time (and cash) gone into it.
im literally getting the train at half 9 to glasgow to pick up my FR tdi
so will start with some decent plans after this
Hedley
Cheers mate, how did the trip for your LFR go ?

Well if you do get a mk3, you know who'll have some of your bits off you so you can throw yours out to a larger market with my standard parts ;) seats and brembos spring into my head ;)
Sent from my iPhone
Might be abit longer then next year as I don't want to spend more then 20k on a car. Maybe 2015. See how I feel at the time and what condition the LFR is in.

HedleyNEUK

Great thanks..

brought it home 220 miles with loadsa smiles..

easy riding tho so far as its overdue cambelt and waterpump change ( parts ordered earlier)..

already been scrapyarding and started the subtle mods :)

must start a build when i get the chance

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Great thanks..

brought it home 220 miles with loadsa smiles..

easy riding tho so far as its overdue cambelt and waterpump change ( parts ordered earlier)..

already been scrapyarding and started the subtle mods :)

must start a build when i get the chance

Good job, I remember doing the exact same thing when I got mine just over 3 years ago. There cracking cars, enjoy it :D

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Thinking about getting one of these made, it's a polished custom washer tank for a mini with a bottom 4mm feed line. I want one for my custom air freshener system. Apparently it's about the size of a can of beer.

7e08ecbd6bf40fc260d1ab39f8e719b6_zpsa804520a.jpg

45721571218a1cd62c20d6f12ad2bcc2_zps3a9f7ad9.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
picked up new outer CV joint and 2 new wishbones

fitted the o/s wishbone. tomorrows job fit n/s wishbone and cv joint. Considering how old the wishbones are the one i took out still looked pretty good tbh

old vs new

also received some more dodo gear

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
ended up returning the outer CV and just got a complete n/s driveshaft, all fitted with new wishbones and ball joints on both sides. next is to polypush the front ARB's. Need the tracking done now.

changing the numberplates and reverse camera location so new show plates and reverse camera ordered

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
New Driveshaft & studs, Wishbone and ball joint fitted (needs tracking now cause its way out)

New reverse camera and relocated out of plate and central to rear bumper in the numberplate recess, new plates fitted without GB logo and some dodgy spacing.

Last edited:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Those bottom ball joints look nice and hefty! I snapped two of my bolts with the air gun at work, the air pressure is like a fart too! Can I ask where they're from? (Don't know why I definitely changes mine about 500 miles ago!)

Bruce I don't know if they're the same as mine, the shafts, but mine are eBay jobbies! About £100 for n/s and o/s. They've dealt with 290 ft/lb too!

Are those plates staying on? I hope so, nothing like pissing the police off!

Sent from my iPhone

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Where did you order your driveshaft from?? Any info....
Driveshaft was from CES UK. Was £155 but £30 back for my old unit so £125 in total. Lower ball joints were £10 each. Picked up the wishbones from Europarts for £30 each. Driveshaft bolts from VW £1 each.

Are those plates staying on? I hope so, nothing like pissing the police off!

Yes plates staying on. Keeping the legal plates in the boot just incase.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.