Mk2 Leon FR tdi

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Thanks, silver was never really my first option if i'm honest though.

Here's some new pictures that i took just the other day after a good clean.

SAM_0002.jpg

SAM_0004.jpg

SAM_0005-1.jpg

SAM_0011-1.jpg

SAM_0009-1.jpg

SAM_0007-1.jpg

SAM_0010-1.jpg

Last edited:

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

18" wheels are now off and winters on but in a different colour, will need to get some pictures up. I'm hoping to put some 19's on rather than put the 18's back on next year:D

WHO ME was it definately these wheels you seen in reps? I've never seen these wheels in reps and wasn't aware you could get reps? You got a link?

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Here's some pictures with the winter wheels fitted in their new guise. The colour is a dark grey but in the sunlight there is a distinct colour of blue about them. That was not planned, I just picked a colour from halfords, I did actually want a lighter colour but it's fine for the winter. The finish is pretty good considering it's out a can.

You can also see my weekend toy in a couple of the pics:lol:

041-3.jpg

040-4.jpg

039-5.jpg

027-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

025-5.jpg

038-5.jpg

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
New wheels

I've had some new wheels on the Leon for a month or so now and also some coilovers.

The wheels are 2 piece Audi splits with staggered offsets. 8.5j all round with et48 on the front and et 45 on rear with 1 inch lips.

Currently got 8mm spacers on the front which i'm not happy about and totally defeats the purpose of having staggered offsets but had to to avoid rubbing on the suspension. Should hopefully get it sorted out soon and have the spacers removed.

Rear mudflaps have been removed and fronts will come off soon aswell.

031-4.jpg

030-4.jpg

027-4.jpg

026-4.jpg

028-3.jpg

edsassin

Evil scratch, had that happen in a Sainsburys and somebody screwdrived the badges off and nicked them.......:(

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Ive not got this anymore, traded it in for an A4 about 8 months ago. Looking at these pics makes me miss it though, it was a really great car!

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Hi McDubber1. Just a quick Q if you don't mind.....Did you have any trouble with the wheels rubbing when you just had the sportsline springs on? As mine is the 'family' car it's often fully loaded and I don't want it bottoming out. Thanks

May 20, 2010
skipton north yorkshire
Hi McDubber1. Just a quick Q if you don't mind.....Did you have any trouble with the wheels rubbing when you just had the sportsline springs on? As mine is the 'family' car it's often fully loaded and I don't want it bottoming out. Thanks

Sorry for the hijack . Ive got sportlines fitted on mine and I have 2 kids, I have the car fully loaded quite abit even a bike rack on the back with 3 bikes and ive never had an issue with rubbing
Hope this helps

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Thanks who me, helps a lot. Was unsure whether to go for the pro or sports eibachs, but thought the drop wasn't enough to justify the purchase with the pro's. On the other hand obviously worried about the inherent problems of much more of a drop!

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Definately go for the Sportlines, the Pro's hardly drop it. I never had any rubbing either with the Sportlines, even with the coilovers fitted I only had rubbing when fully loaded going over speed bumps but it was just the plastic covers, was nothing major.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise