Seat Leon FR Sport Gremlins

Apr 13, 2024
Hi all,

I've just bought a 2021 FR Sport PHEV which I did as an upgrade from my Mk3 Leon FR. I really like the car, but it seems to have a few gremlins that I'm curious if anybody else has experienced. The Infotainment software seems to be a bit out of date on 1780 but I'm not certain updating this would help solve anything.

Firstly, the aircon doesn't appear to work. No matter what I do I can't get it to blow cold. I'm hoping this is something as simple as a re-gas and not something related to the EV battery.

Wrap around and ambient lighting seems to go off and not come back on again. I went into the software upgrade page when I was having a look at the software update procedure that brought these lights back for some reason. Can't explain why that fixed it other than the apps rebooted when I came back out of the menu. Has anybody else had any issues with this, I assume this is software related? I was told by SEAT that there can be an issue upgrading the software with this. You can lose all the different light settings and the dealer claimed the wrap around lights would then be locked to whatever was chosen before the upgrade. I don't tend to swap and change every 5 minutes but the idea of a feature just being gone doesn't sound appealing.

When the car is on charge it will occasionally puts on the rear lights. This I also assume is a software issue? Unfortunately each time I've seen this and gone to take a photo it's gone off again which just about sums up my luck. :|

I've tried connecting my OBD11 gen2 but for some reason that doesn't connect even though it connects just fine to my Mk3 Leon that the Mrs now has.

Anybody else had similar issues? How you rectified them would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Start with dealer visit and let them perform all the service recall / updates that should sort out most of the issues

Apr 13, 2024
Start with dealer visit and let them perform all the service recall / updates that should sort out most of the issues
Thanks for the reply KoNG. It sounds like these could potentially be common problems then. Fingers crossed.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Hi all,

I've just bought a 2021 FR Sport PHEV which I did as an upgrade from my Mk3 Leon FR. I really like the car, but it seems to have a few gremlins that I'm curious if anybody else has experienced. The Infotainment software seems to be a bit out of date on 1780 but I'm not certain updating this would help solve anything.

Firstly, the aircon doesn't appear to work. No matter what I do I can't get it to blow cold. I'm hoping this is something as simple as a re-gas and not something related to the EV battery.

Wrap around and ambient lighting seems to go off and not come back on again. I went into the software upgrade page when I was having a look at the software update procedure that brought these lights back for some reason. Can't explain why that fixed it other than the apps rebooted when I came back out of the menu. Has anybody else had any issues with this, I assume this is software related? I was told by SEAT that there can be an issue upgrading the software with this. You can lose all the different light settings and the dealer claimed the wrap around lights would then be locked to whatever was chosen before the upgrade. I don't tend to swap and change every 5 minutes but the idea of a feature just being gone doesn't sound appealing.

When the car is on charge it will occasionally puts on the rear lights. This I also assume is a software issue? Unfortunately each time I've seen this and gone to take a photo it's gone off again which just about sums up my luck. :|

I've tried connecting my OBD11 gen2 but for some reason that doesn't connect even though it connects just fine to my Mk3 Leon that the Mrs now has.

Anybody else had similar issues? How you rectified them would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

The lights going on during charging is a "feature" that alerts you as each charging phase completes, apparently.

The lack of cold air does seem like a re-gas is required, I assume you can access the climate controls through the menu as normal?

There is no actual air-con button perse, the aircon should just kick in as normal when it's required to cool the cabin down.

Apr 13, 2024
The lights going on during charging is a "feature" that alerts you as each charging phase completes, apparently.

The lack of cold air does seem like a re-gas is required, I assume you can access the climate controls through the menu as normal?

There is no actual air-con button perse, the aircon should just kick in as normal when it's required to cool the cabin down.
I had it regassed today but the garage said it hardly took any. Sadly it didn't work. Off to the dealer I reckon and I might as well get them to look at the software whilst it's there.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
On my MK4 I sometimes had to turn the AC off and then on again, the temperature would get stuck at max even though it was showing me 16c.

Once it had all the modules updated, over a period of three years, it got better but was never right.

You might like to try a factory reset on the infotainment, it won't help if you have old software but if it's just a corrupt setting it might.

Apr 13, 2024
Tried doing a factory reset as suggested and now I have the wrap around lights back and my Obd11 works.

Seems like I have a fault with the Aircon as it says theres a high pressure sensor fault.

I've managed to get booked in with the dealer but the earliest they can get it in is the 6th of June.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members