Mk4 Suspension

Ib1_FR

La VaK LoK
May 15, 2005
Guanajuato, MEX
I´ll do Joao :happy:

Check the pictures about the installation

The original bush. 42000 km after :headhurt:

And about the plock sound in the rear suspension The shock absorber is almost damaged. I have to remplace it :censored:

PSS9??? :whistle:

orange

Jun 9, 2006
I've KW Variant 3 but I guess PSS9 its a good choice too. Go for it :p

Cheers,
João

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
Im going to get my front and back bushes replaced on my 1.2 ibiza, now the mechanic i knowhas all the tools but i have to get him the parts to use, so i kno wi need the front cupra bushes and the back cupra bushes, but was wondering while its there is there any thing else worth doing?? also this probley sounds like a stupid question but where would i order the parts from, would i need to go to a seat garage?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
wazb i have the rear cupra bushes if u wanna buy mine?? brand new? u can ask pete88 on here and he will order you the parts then delever them? the front bushes i think are about £8... maybe the cupra anti roll bar if your doing the bushes? depends how far u want to go really :)

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
the ones you are selling are they the same as the ones i would buy from a dealer? also the anti roll bar, how much is that and does it make any differnce? thanks

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
yeah that sounds ok, how much do you want for them?, also just to clarify your selling a pair of rear bushes, so all i need to buy from the dealer is a pair of front bushes? sorry if i sound abit dim lol but sort of new to this, and just to claify when we refer to bushes were refering to the wishbone bushes right? i was geeting slighty confused about this, and ill be replacing four bushes altogether right?

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
Im slighlty confused about which bushes i actuly need, the most coomon replacement is the front rear bush, right? and thats thes same on both sides? so that means the front front bush is fine? and the part number for the front rear bush is 6LL407183, right?, also im going to attempt to replace them my self, so if by replacing the front front is quite a simple job is it worth me doing it while i do ther other one/ if so whats the part number for the front front bush?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Im slighlty confused about which bushes i actuly need, the most coomon replacement is the front rear bush, right? and thats thes same on both sides? so that means the front front bush is fine? and the part number for the front rear bush is 6LL407183, right?, also im going to attempt to replace them my self, so if by replacing the front front is quite a simple job is it worth me doing it while i do ther other one/ if so whats the part number for the front front bush?

That's quite a job you are trying to do there, ie pressing an aluminium walled solid rubber bush into an aluminium console. Some one on www.briskoda.net made up a set of bits to do this job while the TCA is still on the car, but you need to use high tensile bolts and use the correct assembling oil (from Seat). Normally unless the small front bush is totally destroyed by hammering the car for a long period with u/s rear bushes, then do not need replacing - there is no VAG direct replacement bush for the front, only Powerflex or maybe an Audi A2 one would fit - I have not heard of them being used yet.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Why do you need to change the bushes?
What will it improve if i change them to cupra ones on my 1.2?

Well the only VAG Fabia-Polo-Ibiza to get the correct bush was the Cupra, all the rest got a voided bush that lets the front wheels wander about even when new, this voided bush eventually after a couple of years gets torn so things are even worse and an MOT advisory will eventually be issued.

steve97

Non adjustable suspension kits

There are lots of mentions in here about coilovers and ajustability, it would be good to have some feedback on non ajustable kits. What is a good route to go for a straight forward lower / uprating kit with no ajustability? Ride height to lower no more than 25 - 35mm..

I'm thinking Koni FSD's & Eibach spring combination, Eibach pro damper / spring kit or possibly the Sachs Sports shocks Eibach spring combination. However there is some poor feedback over on Briskoda regarding the Sachs Sport Shocks.... Anyone got just a non-ajustable kit fitted? Any comments if the ride quality is better than standard and how they've lasted?

I had the Koni FSD kit fitted to my 2007 Mk4 Ibiza FR about 3 weeks ago ( 4 shocks and springs 30mm drop ) and I am very impressed with the results, the ride quality is now far better than standard and the road holding and handling are much improved. This kit was fitted by AMD at their Woking workshop I also had a Whiteline ( I think ) adjustable front anti-roll bar fitted ( 2 mounting points for the droplink ) this makes the car corner very flat and stable. For fast road use I do'nt think you will find a better set-up.
PS I am 54 years old and have been playing with hot hatches for about the last 30 years and this is the best set-up I have had on any of my cars. this set-up is not the cheapest but it does work !!!!

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
Thought this is probably the best place to post this.

Just to set the record straight as far as fabia vrs front ARB being any different to cupra one.

They are both 20mm ARB's and use exactly the same part numbers.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise