Mk5 1.2 TSI FR O2 sensor error

Sep 1, 2023
Hi all,

I have a EML on the car where I have a faulty O2 Sensor on Bank 1 Sensor 2.
I'm looking to get a replacement for it however need some help clarifying exactly what sensor i need.

I have looked at the Bosch Post Cat Lambda Sensor however am unsure if this is what i need to resolve the code.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That is the one that is being identified by the fault code.

Edit:- what is the age and mileage of this car. I've found in the past that it is an NGK product that VW Group use, well at least on earlier cars, and they tend to stick with suppliers if their parts are cheap enough and work well. The actual sub brand name that NGK uses for these sensors is NTK. Also in the past I've discovered that the price via a VW Group dealership parts department, is very close to what I could pay to get an NTK branded item onto my door step.

Maybe check the NGK website and look under sensors, for the correct part number, sometimes NGK only show the actual part under another VW Group Marque, like only SEAT or only Skoda - for some strange reason! If NGK do not list it under any of the VW Group marques, then I'd think that that means they are NOT the brand that VW Group now use at engine factories. Sometimes, at least in the past, some people have found that the engine ECU is very fussy about which brand of sensors that it gets its info from, even if the engine ECU is a Bosch one, don't automatically think that Bosch sensors will be best for all applications.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise