My Black Mk3 Ibiza Cupra

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Hey guys,

i realitively new to the site, some of the guys on the mk3 ibiza part of the forum may have seen a couple of my threads on my hunt for a cupra.

I have now acquired my Cupra after a long hard search, so i thought i would start my own readers thread.

So my Cupra, this is how i saw the car advertised on the internet, advertised as a Cupra R, i later found it was not (which was to my benefit for insurance purposes, and bargaining points) and was actually just a cupra, a low mialege one at that. it was adverised with only 48k miles on the clock, lady owner for the last 8 years, 3 owners from new, and generally looked in good condition, got it at a steal.

2896909-1.jpg

2896909-2.jpg

2896909-3.jpg

So i got her home, chuffed to bits with her, she is in great nick, a few little scratches here an there but that is not an issue, interior is imacculate, barely anywhere inside at all.

i gave her a good clean and a polish that weekend, and gave her a quick clean under the hood.

as far as the spec:

Standard Cupra spec
Blue interior
Cat back exhaust
Brembo's
Fox Racing 17" Alloys
Polo wing mirror
K&N Induction Kit
K&N Breather

this is it as far as i can tell, the car seemed to pull quite strong, stronger than i thought a standard cupra would, so i brought a boost gauge (halfords gauge, seemed to match interior nicely) to see what was happening and it was boosting at the standard 8 psi, so it had not been remapped which i was pleased about as i wanted it as standard as possible. The exhaust has a nice deep tone, and not larey and in your face which is nice, just not sure which one it is, so for any of you eagle eyed ones out there if you recognise, would be nice to know (found out now it is a mongoose), it also has a mid box :S, that will need removing haha. I also did the N249 Bypass whilst cleaning it (will be changing the DV this week (Forge 007p)).

Well here she is nice an clean

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

(pics continued on next post as reached image limit)

Plans for the future....

Engine:

Forge 007p
FMIC
Stage 1 Remap
Custom Decat and mid box removal

intially, then head towards stage 2 and K03s

Exterior:

Coilies
OZ Superleggera's
HID's
LCR Splitter

will be lots more planned, that is all i can think of off the top of my head at the momement.

I am moping and wet vaccing the car with my mate (valeter by trade) on wednesday so should hopefully come up even better and all little marks and scratches get removed or as near as dammit.

oh an before anyone says it, im not a fan of the alloys either hahaha

I look forward to continuing this thread and getting to know more of you.

Cheers Guys

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Nice car man and I like the wheels, not sure if that's a good thing or not lol, it's funny it's still got the standard head unit in there too.:)

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Cheers pal, i have been tempted to refurb the wheels and sprey them graphite colour, should look of for now until i can afford new alloys, there not toooo bad i suppose, just not my favourite, i was going to stick some standards on until i realised they wouldnt fit over the brembo's.....DOH !

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh the graphite would probably look pretty good, you could put a request in the photoshop bit for someone to colour them unless you can do it yourself, at least you can get an idea of how they'll look. Sweet looking car though, I can feel a drool coming on lol:D

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
yeah ill whip up a photoshop of the wheels tomorrow at work if i get chance, and maybe drop it a tad :p

cheers for your comments mate, much appreciated ! Its very much a work in progress haha but isnt every car.

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
H7 sweet ! ;)

and cheers mate, yeah she seems in good nick so far, just in good need of a clean and some TLC and she will come up nice hopefully.

Cheers

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Ok heres a question for you, my mate has offered me a h4 HID kit, but he has H7 bulbs, will they fit an work ok in the H4 kits ballasts ?

cheers, any help appreciated

Last edited:

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Small update....Got my HID's today H7's 8000k. Look sweet on the car (when testing them out) will get them fitted tonight. also got some clear/silver indicator bulbs, and some white LED side light bulbs. Should all look pretty sweet when done. Will be sure to take before an after pics.

Also got a flip fob to upgrade the key fob, and some 3M carbon fibre vinyl wrap. Cheers again markie for everything ;)

Taking the car to a mates house tonight for a mop and at wet vac, and an all round good clean/valet. Thinking of pressure washing the engine bay to...any advice on what to cover apart from ECU, MAF and battery ?? any horror stories i should hear about first ?

Cheers guys

May 25, 2008
cambs
Tidy car mate with some good base mods already done
As for steam cleaning the bay Do it with the engine running that's what I was told

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
ahh right ok tom, could be a good little tip, nice one.

Just got back from my mates after a mop. We only got round to doing just under half the car so it will need to go back at the weekend. We started mopping it and the paint just wasnt coming up as mint as we would like, so we sanded it down, and flatted it, and then mopped it using some decent compound, along with anti hyroglific compound to completely remove any swirl marks on the car. then used a real strong wax ontop and the paint work, is just insane, its better than show room standard, as most new cars arent flatted after painting, its gorgeous to run your hands over, pictures really dont do it justice but ill upload them anyway, ignore the front bumper as we only did front wing, passenger door and rear passenger quarter. soooo pleased with it. they did an amazing job, but i guess thats what 20-30 years in body does for you lol. if anyone in the midlands area wants the details just PM me.

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

The interior looks like a new car inside, wet vac'd the whole car, all marks removed from seats, all leather on doors and seats is back to original condition, roof lining is imacculate, just amazed how it has come up, and to say i was chuffed would be an understatement. ill post some pics of interior soon, forgot to take any :rolleyes:

I also took abit of time out to fit my HID's to, they set the car off really well and really suite with the black of the car, looks great at night, just need to remove the indicators now and stick the OSRAM clear/silver bulbs in, and the white LED side lights.

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

Cant wait to get the rest of car finished being mopped, pics will be up this weekend of completed car, roll on the weekend :drool:

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Finally picked up my vagcom cable and had a little play around with it yesterday. had a fe faults come up that i need to address, nothing major luckily.

also changed out all my bulbs, side lights, indicatos etc so all the bulbs are nice an clear. i am also working through the lights making sure they are all white lights an not that horrible yellow light. just got main beam and spot lights to go.

few pics of the head lights before and after. looks pretty sweet at night now with nice white lights, a mod i think everyone should deffinately do.

BEFORE
IMG00170-20110716-1455.jpg

AFTER
IMG00171-20110716-1506.jpg

P.s 10 points to anyone that can guess the car in the reflection haha

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members