my car hits the rollers

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
managed to endure a trip through plymouth today without my wheels being nicked, and took my car to ap motors for a rolling road session

I wasn't expecting it to be that huge an improvement due to the age of my car, but it pipped in with a cheeky 171.3bhp and 296 lbs/ft of torque!

i'm sooooo happy with that :D i was going to be pleased with anything over 150bhp and that really is great news :funk::funk:

happy!

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
nice work mate any vids of it on the rollers ???

my phone complained about being full up, what a friggin nuisance! i got a couple of photos but nothing special, i'll put em up if you want? i'm still hella chuffed, i've asked them to email me the graph too it looks really impressive :D

i'm just surprised that it could stick to revo's estimates (170bhp) after nigh on 5 years of use - very cool indeed! i guess the filter/intake combo helps but not that much

it was dead cool to hear the turbo working from the outside too - wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooo

something like that anyway ;)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
revo maps are VERY impressiveon the diesels! and this was proven on a rolling road day i went to with seats the other week! yeah pics ae wanted :D

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
Did it smoke out the room? :happy:

Really want to get mine on!

actually it wasn't that bad :D not half as bad as i thought it might be, just a bit of smoke right at the start, then a little bit later on!

not half as bad as the stage 2 lot that i've seen, although they might have 60 more horses pulling their chariot :whistle:

i don't care if it smokes anyway, in fact it makes it more fun when you pull away from people in 6th mwahahahahahaaaaaaaa

edit i'll try and get the pics but i've had a few now and can't remember where i've left my phone in my house

Last edited:

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
I might pop down there and get mine done.....seeing as though I got a pathetic 158bhp at TSR... :( how much was it chap?

quite expensive, 65 quid + vat, i think it was 76.

in fact it's a rip off BUT so is EVERYTHING else in the motor industry! plus it was worth it in the end to come away happy as larry :happy:

plus i guess you have to bear in mind that there's probably about 3 rolling roads in cornwall and 2 of them are made from hay bales

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
Good figures them, very similar to mine :D

Good old tdi sports eh?! :)

yeah they kick ass, plus i've got one with the battery meter/oil temperature guages on the dashboard, it looks swanky as hell with 6 guages on there however pointless they may be :D

i'm going to leave it as is until i can find some 17" alloys that are suitable - then it's coilover/arb time time! can't afford it yet, i've spunked nigh on 750 quid in 2 weeks :whistle:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
mikey h are you not going on the mega meet rollers??? im looking forward but nervous to getting mine on a diffrent set of rollers

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
Good results mate, when I had my vRS rr'd at Marlin in Milton Keynes last year while it was running an AMD One-Click it ran 177bhp and 271lb/ft. Just over a year on and the car is a whole new beast, can't wait till I get it on the same rollers to compare but a number starting with 2 is what I'm hoping for. Mikey what happened about the mega meet as Steve just asked me to give Stu your place? Could you not get off work or was it the mount problem still?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
its the loss of bhp through the transmission the power at the fly is the highest the engine produces but the bhp at the wheels is whats on the road :) 20bhp is about average transmission loss :)

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
i see :D i take it this power is not redeemable, and it's just lost as noise, heat etc.

unfortunately i snapped the pins on my phone link cable last night in a drunken stupor, it wasn't connecting anyway so i thought bending the pins would work. don't ask.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
quite expensive, 65 quid + vat, i think it was 76.

in fact it's a rip off BUT so is EVERYTHING else in the motor industry! plus it was worth it in the end to come away happy as larry :happy:

plus i guess you have to bear in mind that there's probably about 3 rolling roads in cornwall and 2 of them are made from hay bales

OUCH! :(

I looked into getting mine done by JBS they wanted £55+vat, so I thought I may as well wait for a rolling road day, works out so much cheaper! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.