My K1 at last-New Alloys on

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
How'd you manage to get the bit off the steering wheel & how'd you get the vents out?

the steering wheel plastic just needs to be slowy eased out with it been clipped in several places,i used my trim removal bits,just take your time easing it out all round
the vents,
at the side of the dash when you open the door theres a plastic panel,again using my trim tools prise it out which uncovers the back part of the vent system,then the soft inner plastic bends in slighty so you can get your fingers in behind and then push the vent out towards you,the surround just unclips ready for painting m8 ;)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
the steering wheel plastic just needs to be slowy eased out with it been clipped in several places,i used my trim removal bits,just take your time easing it out all round
the vents,
at the side of the dash when you open the door theres a plastic panel,again using my trim tools prise it out which uncovers the back part of the vent system,then the soft inner plastic bends in slighty so you can get your fingers in behind and then push the vent out towards you,the surround just unclips ready for painting m8 ;)

Happy days! Thanks for the info dude :)

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Very nice! Alot of time and effort has went into all the wee details and cleaning! Was it easy to get the bumper grills out to spray gloss black?

thanks
the front grills are just 2 screws,the back were a nightmare,would of been easier to take the bumper off lol,but i did reach up and pull off the metal clips that holds the grill on then push it out,i broke 1 grill though as i couldnt get the last clip off
they do look alot better sprayed black as i hate 'weathered' black plastic

10man

Revo'd cupra k1
Sep 11, 2009
long eaton, notts
thanks
the front grills are just 2 screws,the back were a nightmare,would of been easier to take the bumper off lol,but i did reach up and pull off the metal clips that holds the grill on then push it out,i broke 1 grill though as i couldnt get the last clip off
they do look alot better sprayed black as i hate 'weathered' black plastic

Did you spray the rear bumper grills aswell??

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Nice car! :)
Can you give me the measurement of the wheelbolts that you are using with those 15mm spacers?
I currently have Orions with 10mm spacers, but i´m considering to get 15mm to the rear,
i have longer bolts for the 10mm spacers at the moment, but not sure are they long enought for the 15mm spacers.

DaveJL

May 8, 2012
Belfast
Spacers look great :)

Just re-read page 1...extra 30bhp from the s3 cooler? Surely not! I fitted one last week, definitely doesn't feel 30bhp more!