My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Does the second lambda influence furling at all? Only reason is the mpg went down by around 5 mpg after the light came on. The exhaust gases also smell rich on start up.

ok so then you have other symptoms besides just the eml and fault codes, so yeah I'd say it's possible it is the pre-cat lambda that's shot.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Haha, sensible man!;) Glad to hear you made it up there the other week, its quite a nice little track isn't it!? By the time the decent weather comes around next year I'm sure you'll be gagging to get the Yellow beast on there, I'll be there with you too!:funk:
Yes it a nice track I'll have to pull my finger out and get the brakes and some coilovers fitted. Do you insure you car when you're on track?

ok so then you have other symptoms besides just the eml and fault codes, so yeah I'd say it's possible it is the pre-cat lambda that's shot.

I've priced one up at Sera motors and I should of bought one by now. The £120 it will cost would of paid for it's self in fuel savings over the last year! Is there any way of checking it's the sensor that's failed and not the cat? Or would I have different fault codes? I'll have to start reading up on VAG com is it difficult to use?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
It will be the sensor that's failed mate not the cat.

Poor mpg is a dead lambda for sure, I had to replace the pre cat one on mine and I remember it being around the £90 mark plus fitting but that was over a year ago at least.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It will be the sensor that's failed mate not the cat.

Poor mpg is a dead lambda for sure, I had to replace the pre cat one on mine and I remember it being around the £90 mark plus fitting but that was over a year ago at least.

Where did you get it from for £90?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
So a couple of eBay bargains ready to be washed.
11F72BAE-6EF8-4786-B4AC-5652CE5017CF-260-0000007B218B3FA8.jpg

The charge pipe arrived today but I was out so it was left with a neighbour and know they're out! So I thought while my Wife was at work I'd use the dish washer.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Brilliant. How have they come up?

Have you had a look on EuroCarParts' website? I get my stuff from there. Great service and great prices on OEM and aftermarket parts, with prompt delivery. I'm not sure what Lincoln's branch is like but Cambridge's was very helpful.

James :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
AmD Essex supplied it and fitted it but it was some time ago mate.
I think I'll wait until I fit a DP and replace the sensor at the same time. Thanks for the advise.

Brilliant. How have they come up?

Have you had a look on EuroCarParts' website? I get my stuff from there. Great service and great prices on OEM and aftermarket parts, with prompt delivery. I'm not sure what Lincoln's branch is like but Cambridge's was very helpful.

James :)
They've come up pretty well. I think I'm going to get the grinder and dremel out and remove some of the un used brackets and clean up the casting marks. For what it's worth I'll match the ports to the gasket and fit a phenolic gasket. I'm surprised how small the ports are on these! I think I'll step up my search for large port head.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Remove the trim from inside of the boot. Then undo the three bolts as below.
b6658112.jpg

There is also an arm to remove for the central locking.
Then I masked it off.
5fd38240.jpg

However RDS told me recently that you can remove top part of the badge. There is a pin that runs remove that and it comes off.
My badge looks ok in the photos but is not great when you see it up close. I'm going to re do it at some point. Also I vinyl rapped the front S badge but unfortunately it's fallen off whilst I was driving.

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
However RDS told me recently that you can remove top part of the badge. There is a pin that runs remove that and it comes off.
My badge looks ok in the photos but is not great when you see it up close. I'm going to re do it at some point. Also I vinyl rapped the front S badge but unfortunately it's fallen off whilst I was driving.

Once the S is removed the black detailing inbetween the S an also be removed, so instead of masking it you can paint all three pieces seperatley and then reassemble.

I love how you used the dishwasher when the wife was out :D I do the same sort of thing, my missus hasn't got a clue about the mess I make in the house when she's out. Just get it tidied up before she gets in.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Just read your whole thread, nice car!

Thanks for taking the time to read through it. It's not the best car on here but I'm enjoying all the same.

I love how you used the dishwasher when the wife was out :D I do the same sort of thing, my missus hasn't got a clue about the mess I make in the house when she's out. Just get it tidied up before she gets in.

Aren't dish washers great for removing oil and crap! I'll be using the oven soon for baking the paint on. I just hope that the ever growing pile of invoices never gets found!!!:rolleyes:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
This arrived earlier in the week.
772545A4-43AF-41F4-BD06-08E27E748259-110-0000002B52D23EED.jpg

It came from Phill's LC. Such a shame that he had to brake his car but good to see bits of it living on in other members cars. As you can see the yodel delivery driver must have thrown it around a bit and chipped some paint off the catch tank and rocker cover. No big deal but I think I'll change the colour now.
I also bought james.l old discs and pads as my brakes are beyond shot! I can't afford the brakes that I want at the moment. So they will give me some breathing space to save up and pay for Christmas and rear discs and pads.
The catch can won't be fitted for a while as I've got a few other bits I want to buy and fit at the same time. I'm very pleased the the catch tank, thanks Phill.

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice buy mate, I was considering buying this for mine. Only reason I didn't was the pipe out of the top would mean I couldn't fit the tank below the strut brace which is where I like it. Looks as though you're planning on a few decent things for this :D

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I need to start fitting bits and not just buying them:D
Coilovers and fitting the front ARB are jobs for early in the new year. Then I'm going to start buying parts for rebuilding the bottom end. The Tuscan rods are looking good!
You cars going to be speical when you've had all those bits fitted. I need to have read through the whole thread.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I finally managed to get some free time today to spray the charge pipe and inlet manifold. I smoothed out the casting marks in the inlet manifold. Then removed most of the paint from the rocker cover I bought from Phill. I'll have to apply some more nitromors tomorrow but it's getting there.
984454CF-5949-4789-9990-4DDCFD6778F5-471-000000D345ECFBB3.jpg

And after a coat of paint. I'll be adding a few more coats at some point but my diner was ready and know the football's on.
CCB4271E-8BEB-4D07-9B06-FF88D915C76F-471-000000DAD73BFD72.jpg

Sorry crap photos as usual, I'll have to get my lap top sorted out!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
My son gave me a hand tonight cleaning up the rocker cover. While we were at it we discussed the modifaction we've got Planned for his little tikes car.
BDE0510F-F2A8-47C2-8AC8-86668E7C3491-872-0000024A7EDF390A.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.