rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hey Harty, I am gonna go at installing the mbc tomorrow as I am consistently hitting 1.8bar of boost on 3rd gear runs today.

Is there a default setting on the mbc or do you just keep turning it until you have the desired boost.
Also do you know the internal ID of the pipe coming from the charge pipe to the n75. I wanna keep the oem.

Also u should check out my RR, just finished a wmi install, it may interest you.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Hey Harty, I am gonna go at installing the mbc tomorrow as I am consistently hitting 1.8bar of boost on 3rd gear runs today.

Is there a default setting on the mbc or do you just keep turning it until you have the desired boost.
Also do you know the internal ID of the pipe coming from the charge pipe to the n75. I wanna keep the oem.

Also u should check out my RR, just finished a wmi install, it may interest you.

hi mate have been looking at your rr and your thread is going to start costing me money now really looking into the wmi really like the idea of cooler intakes and more timing i am running a constant 3 deg now even in 22-24 deg heat with only 4-5 across the cylinders what timing and fueling adjustments have you made, right with the mbc put the strongest sping in as it comes with weakest spring in before putting it in tho compress the spring about 100 times with some plires just so it beds in, if you dont all you mbc adjustments will change after coming on and off boost a fair few times just like car suspension settles so does the mbc spring, start of on the lowest setting on mine lowest weas around 1.0 bar then just keep turning it up till your happy you may find it holds boost better to mate, mine is set on 9 clicks and peaks at 22 psi or 1.54 bar which is nice if it turns to 10 it peaks at 1.6 bar if 24 psi 8 clicks is 1.5 bar 21 psi but its nice as you can really smooth the tourque curve out by setting it lower obousley your not getting this initial surge or tourque figure for pub bragging but you are saving your engine and clutch 1.45 bar 21 psi is a nice figure,
as for pipe size the oem carge to n75 tapers down in size if you look at it but i just used 5mm id silicon tube for the whole instalation, hope this helps mate you did get 2 t pieces aswell didnt you, you will find that the mbc bleads of the excess pressure produced by the n75 therefore giving you less initail boost but also gave me more overall boost mid range and at red 1.2 bar for a k04 isnt bad at 6500 rpm should work well for you also noticed boost comes in harder and faster with this fitted enjoy mate and let me know how you get on with it

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
$hit I installed it before I read your response with the soft spring, looks like it will be coming off again tomorrow :lol:

The WMI is awesome, inlet temps are consistently down and low, I added about 9* of timing with the WMI but this was only added on the upper side when under load as opposed to lemmiwinks which adds it across the board, I had it on the rollers and we logged 0 pull across the cylinders so more timing was possible but just not advised, this was on a 50/50 mix, EGT's are down also, the car pulls like a train now regardless of the weather, the inlet Mani fells cold after a spirited run, along with more pops and bangs from the methanol :funk:

Believe it or not my exhaust is also super clean with no soot build up, I guess it's from the water being injected but it's not something i would have thought of.

Ordered rods/bearings/manifold and hybrid today, getting all the bits ready for and rebuild/upgrade.

Also how long did it take before the soft spring started to act up, I have mine set at 1.6bar

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Loving the new wheels, how much did they cost if you dont mind me asking?

The front badge looks great, i keep thinking about spraying mine gloss black, did you do the badge your self?

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
$hit I installed it before I read your response with the soft spring, looks like it will be coming off again tomorrow :lol:

The WMI is awesome, inlet temps are consistently down and low, I added about 9* of timing with the WMI but this was only added on the upper side when under load as opposed to lemmiwinks which adds it across the board, I had it on the rollers and we logged 0 pull across the cylinders so more timing was possible but just not advised, this was on a 50/50 mix, EGT's are down also, the car pulls like a train now regardless of the weather, the inlet Mani fells cold after a spirited run, along with more pops and bangs from the methanol :funk:

Believe it or not my exhaust is also super clean with no soot build up, I guess it's from the water being injected but it's not something i would have thought of.

Ordered rods/bearings/manifold and hybrid today, getting all the bits ready for and rebuild/upgrade.

Also how long did it take before the soft spring started to act up, I have mine set at 1.6bar

sorry bou the slow response mate ,the methononl sounds like a really good piece of kit so come on the how much the whole install gona set me back so i can check the funds 9* with zero pull is amazing, your really going all out with this car would really like to see this 1 day and meet the man behind the name just a shame your in ireland i take my hat of to you sir, this is a stunning car your building, the only reason i used the stiffer spring was because i read i thread that bill had posted in saying start with the stiffest spring first and if all is good then stick with that, i read on audi sport about the spring getting softer if not compressed before use just see how it goes mate you may find it starts peaking a bit higher than 1.6 basr once bedded in, i tweaked mine up to 10 turns tonight it peaks and holds at 23 psi then slowly drops to 18psi at the red thats in 4th but i have added a few turns of preload on the actuator when i first got the mbc and logged fueling timing egts etc and adjusted to suit just getting board of the power now and feel stage 2 wont make my setup much different as can sit all day with stage 2 cars so meth and hybrid will be on the cards in months to come for me good luck with everything mate hope all goes well and look forward to the updates

Last edited:

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
Loving the new wheels, how much did they cost if you dont mind me asking?

The front badge looks great, i keep thinking about spraying mine gloss black, did you do the badge your self?

yeah i did the badge myself mate the only reason i wrapped it was because when i painted it i got fed up with the stone chips right pain in the arse to keep painting as for the wheels i really love the coulour and when the sun shines there even better the cost 280 notes they were chemically striped, all marks taken out,powder coated, then laqured with a metalic flake they carry 12 months warrenty which is good, did you go to inters on the scn stand

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
what manifold you ordered robbie and loving this build thread, i was going to get and electric boost contol but think will go with the forge one your using :0)

the forge unos is an amazing piece of kit and well worth the money it is even better when using it on its own and not in parrellel with the n 75 the only reason i dont use it on its own is because i was getting part throttle deviation codes once going over the 200mb deviation set in the map and mass airflow sensor signal to high but with a custom map like what you will be using on your hybrid this could be mapped out and mapped to suit the mbc

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
yeah i did the badge myself mate the only reason i wrapped it was because when i painted it i got fed up with the stone chips right pain in the arse to keep painting as for the wheels i really love the coulour and when the sun shines there even better the cost 280 notes they were chemically striped, all marks taken out,powder coated, then laqured with a metalic flake they carry 12 months warrenty which is good, did you go to inters on the scn stand

Yeah i was in the inter SCN stand, i thought i reconized your car.

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
heres a piccy
P6270585.jpg

yeah mate defo got to go

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.