MY23

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Anyone know when MY23 goes into production?

When was MY22 start getting produced at factory?

Drobatz

Aug 2, 2022
Serbia
I noticed on an online configurator (for Croatia market) option to have matrix led headlights. Anyone had that option when ordering MY23?
Let us know does it make a difference, it would be fun to see and compare to our MY22.

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Interesting I saw a Cupra at Stockport built on 16th June that did have the dark headlining so maybe MY23? It was either the 1.5 or 2.0 190. That would make it build week 24

Aug 22, 2022
I took delivery of my 1.5 DSG almost a week ago but not sure wether it's MY22 or 23. When I hooked up OBDEleven it does mention "2023" on the info page of my car in the app. Any way to find out MY based on VIN number ?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I took delivery of my 1.5 DSG almost a week ago but not sure wether it's MY22 or 23. When I hooked up OBDEleven it does mention "2023" on the info page of my car in the app. Any way to find out MY based on VIN number ?
I think all car manufacturers use the same international format for VIN - if so, then the tenth character of the VIN should relate to model year (It does in my VW’s VIN). Model year 2022 is ‘N’ and 2023 is ‘P’.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
You get the build codes off the Vin. A dealer can print them out or you can buy an hour of Erwin time and get them yourself and all the workshop manuals. See link on the standard Ateca side to that. There are free sites that come and go where you might be able to do a Vin look up or just pay £8 an hour to access VAG workshop data.

The car will be classified one year ahead of the date it's built in. Think that's how it works so mine is shown as 2017 on the PDF although built in 2016. From the build codes and spec you might be able to identify MY23 bits over MY22 bits if it showed up like that. You'd have to compare an actual MY23 build code listing with yours side by side. Fun.

So the build codes look like this, 8 pages or so, breaks down what you bought into the VAG components of what they built:

Vehicle data
Basic data
Make: S
VIN: xxxxx
Year of manufacture: 2017
Description: ATECA 2.0 CR XCELL5d140 DE5A7A
Sales type: KH74RS
Delivery date: 08.11.2016
MKB: DFHA
GKB: STA
Type approval number: -
Colours
TYPE COLOUR
CODE
LACQUER NUMBER (LACQUER BODY/ROOF
NO.) DESCRIPTION
Interior DV Latte
Macchiato/Anthracite/Black
Exterior
(Body/roof) F6/F6 LF7Y "Metal" Gray/"Metal" Gray
Pr-numbers
CON.
NO. NO. ORIGIN FAMILY DESCRIPTION
1 0A2 VWGROUP TUE 4 doors
2 0AG VWGROUP STV Front stabilizer
3 0B1 VWGROUP RST Wheelbase
4 0BE VWGROUP STH Rear stabilizer
5 0F5 VWGROUP KRS Fuel system for diesel engine
6 0FA VWGROUP FAD Standa

Etc.

You can lift Vin codes off foreign car dealer sites where the Vin is often published. Access to Erwin then allows you to look at model differences at the build code level. Scientific approach. I did that when mib3 came out in the UK to see what the UK was getting in their mid3 verses Germany as specified by the build codes... There were differences at that stage. We get reduced specs in the UK to keep the price down. Photograph the local dealers VIN sticker, look it up and compare with European models. Also did that with the pre built Arona that Seat UK were selling without waiting 5 months to see what it's history was. Just had a one tone roof colour, think not that common was destined for a showroom but switched to sales, they had too many for showrooms 😉.

Needs an understanding of build codes. Might draw a blank if my22 looks like my23 at a build code level.

Reactions: El Dingo

Tell

Staff member
I think also if your car has black headlining it will be MY23?
Wonder if black headlining has a build code 😍. It will be whether a with or without black headlining or some other code features as a build code. See my background in production control and management science.

How Seat wrongly built mine since the sales spec that Seat UK was using didn't get mapped into the build codes so you get a car incorrectly built until they pick up that they never QAed correctly what Seat UK had given to the factory and what the factory were going to build from the build codes mapped from the spec. So gets built without the wireless charger in my case. They were aware of it after it arrived in the UK. Everybody who specified the top end mib2 unit got their wireless charger left off till they realised the error of their ways. I got that commuted to three years of free service as a good will gesture rejecting the fluffy toy or whatever they were offering. Accessories.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
I think all car manufacturers use the same international format for VIN - if so, then the tenth character of the VIN should relate to model year (It does in my VW’s VIN). Model year 2022 is ‘N’ and 2023 is ‘P’.
Looks like mine remains a model year 2022.

BW23, but has been stuck waiting for parts. Been told today its is being transported to the port and been provided VIN number. 10th Character is "N"
:(
Dealer says they should have it within 4 weeks. Which puts it around 6 months from order to delivery.

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Mine arrived at the dealer today. Definitley MY22 as grey headlining and BW 24. So long as VAT isn't reduced in the next few days should be delivered next Wednesday.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Mine arrived at the dealer today. Definitley MY22 as grey headlining and BW 24. So long as VAT isn't reduced in the next few days should be delivered next Wednesday.
My car has finally arrived at Uk port and i’ve got my finance docs signed. Looking forward to getting the car

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
My 190 was delivered today really pleased. Was built early on 9th June so missed out on my 23 by a few days. Honestly probably wouldn’t have noticed the screen is 10” if I didn’t already know. Light headlining also looks good. Engine feels a sweet spot having driven the 1.5 and 310 bhp before.

Attachments

• 93173BA7-8ACD-4386-8E06-A8323B04A612.jpeg
    93173BA7-8ACD-4386-8E06-A8323B04A612.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 34CB64D9-B091-4B6A-9510-1B04D58FA6A2.jpeg
    34CB64D9-B091-4B6A-9510-1B04D58FA6A2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
My 190 was delivered today really pleased. Was built early on 9th June so missed out on my 23 by a few days. Honestly probably wouldn’t have noticed the screen is 10” if I didn’t already know. Light headlining also looks good. Engine feels a sweet spot having driven the 1.5 and 310 bhp before.
I got my 190 in January 22

The headlining was the light version but it was one of the 12" screen versions so it didn't actually meet any of the brochure specs.
Old brochure - dark headlining and 12" screen
Newer brochure - light headlining and 10" screen

Reactions: jimbobc

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Had my car delivered today. BW23. but delayed waiting on parts.

My car has grey headlining and 10” screen within the 12” casing.

shame

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Had my car delivered today. BW23. but delayed waiting on parts.

My car has grey headlining and 10” screen within the 12” casing.

shame
Interesting mine was meant to to be BW 23 but I can see was built in week 22 the 9th June. I saw a car that had build sticker of 16th June at a dealer which did have black headlining and bigger screen and same engine as mine! Who knows! I must admit a week in the screen doesn't feel too small and I like the headlining. I am more worried about the creases to the leather after 187 miles...

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
Any leather interior i have had in a car always creases.
Interesting mine was meant to to be BW 23 but I can see was built in week 22 the 9th June. I saw a car that had build sticker of 16th June at a dealer which did have black headlining and bigger screen and same engine as mine! Who knows! I must admit a week in the screen doesn't feel too small and I like the headlining. I am more worried about the creases to the leather after 187 miles...
Even more interesting…found an envelope in the glove box with certificate of conformity which lists manufacture date of 25th august. even though bw was 23. Phoned up cupra customer care line to complain about 10” screen.

they gonna get back to me next week.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Whats so special about the 12" screen? Does it display more stuff than the 10?
If not then its just 2 more inches of fingerprints to look at!

Reactions: Doogle