Mystery leak???

Deleted member 11127

Saw last week when i was clearing out the car that my back left passenger footwell was wet. First of all i thought i must of spilt something on it and was not too bothered about it and thought it would dry out. However today i looked again and it is now soaking wet! Just wondering if anyone has had things like this happen before? All i can think of is air con water somehow getting in as it has not rained down here and iv been using the Ac like mad! cheers in advance:confused:

Deleted member 11127

Yep that all works fine. Saw coolant levels were down a bit also....?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Leaky window?

My first MK4's windscreen leaked, the first time I found out was when I got into the car and discovered the dash and seats were soaked! That wasn't a fun drive home :(

I know you say you've had no rain, but thats the only thing I can think of!

Deleted member 11127

Nope? Not that i know of. Had a new windscreen fitted about 3 months ago now and hadnt been anything like this since. And we havnt had rain and i keep it parked under the garage anyway! lol. Left the windows down a fraction last night to see if it dried up. Will go take a check now..

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Hi mate, i had exactly the same problem in mine and Ted Johnson replaced the door and window seals which fixed mine perfectly. Do you park facing up hills? Check the seal all round the door to see if you can find anything.

Deleted member 11127

Ah i see. Ok will take look in a bit and report back

Deleted member 11127

Had a look at seals. Not an expert on them but cant see anything out of place??:shrug:

Deleted member 11127

Technically yes...... I left the windows open a tad over night in the garage and made a slight difference but was still pretty much soaked. I ended up getting 2 hairdryers and leavig them on for a while and that sorted it out.
I think my dealer must of sorted it out when having an inspection as i have had a service since then and havnt had many problems since!
I did however check the door seals like Ed said and yes there was a small area where it had come loose!

Guess a combination of all sorted out the problem! Hope this helps?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
will be the door seals mate check the door is aligned properly and the seals arent missplaced then put the garden hose over the window and sit in the car and visually look for water coming throu :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise