n249 bypass

turbin

I sealed off the loose pipes. Didnt want debris in there... does that matter?

sicupra

Is this the same for cupra 180?
Obviously pics are different, but is the principle the same?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Here you go my 180 LC all bypass done and removed, you can get passed the fault codes by putting resistors in the connectors, the engine bay doesn't look like this any more its a bit more tidy been working on it i will post new pics soon, but it should give you an idea.

3303316532_0bcfbcbf88_b.jpg

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Dude can you put up what resistors you used and pics where to put them . Need to sort my bay out and get rid of that stupid air chamber LOL

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I read on here before, basically there are two vacuum connections on the inlet manifold.
You ignore all the other pipes under the metal "tray" and leave the N249 electronically connected.
One of these can go straight to the dump valve and the other to the FPR

I'm sure that is correct, but wait for other confirmation before you do the above.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Dude can you put up what resistors you used and pics where to put them . Need to sort my bay out and get rid of that stupid air chamber LOL

I will take pic's tomorrow and let you know the spec of the resistors i think they need to be 10hm but i will confirm tomorrow.

even more baffled since u got twin intercooler set up up and lcr inlet manifold.lol

Yeah i have the LCR twin intercoolers on the LC.;)

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Must admit, I'm not finding much of this terribly helpful. The vacuum system design on the AUQ engine is absolutely cr*p to be honest. Pure overkill and no need for half of it, just more vac hose to get split and cause problems.

Does anybody have photos of this mod on an AUQ engine with STOCK manifold?

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Im waiting for those then. Any changes ? How do you feel about that bypass ?

Yes, its different on the LC mate as the vacuum system has a few changes from the LCR and Ibiza setups. The N249 is not mounted on the vacuum resevoir bracket like the other cars so its possible to clean up the top of the cam cover without having to relocate any electrical items.

I'm just off to do some VAG-COM logs and I'll post a photo of the changes when I get back.

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ok guys, VAG-COM logs reveal no increase or decrease in performance and no fault codes with the N249 bypassed. Dump reaction is much quicker and throttle response seems improved.

I make no apologies for the "dirtiness" of my engine bay. Its there to propel the car, not to look all pretty.

On the AUQ engined Leon 1.8T Cupra and Sport, it should look something like this:

n249.jpg

Here's a labelled diagram that is pretty self explanatory:

n249labelled.jpg

1. Remove the vacuum hose between the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) and the underside of the intake manifold.

2. Use 4mm silicone vacuum hose and go direct from newly freed Vac port on intake manifold to top of DV.

3. Put a 6mm BRASS T-piece in the new hose parallel to the FPR and run another length of hose to the FPR vacuum port.

4. Cable Tie the new vac hose wherever it connects to something else.

5. Remove the Vacuum resevoir (Ugly black plastic thing directly over the No.4 cylinder coil pack). The hose going into it simply pulls off.

6. Plug the Vac Resevoir hose with a bolt and clamp it in there with a worm drive or jubilee clip. Do the same with the hose that used to be connected to the top of the Dump valve.

I recommend using brass t-pieces as they don't go brittle and snap when exposed to heat and oil, plastic does. Use cable ties rather than jubilee clips on the silicone hose you've fitted.

I hope this is a help to Leon Cupra owners who haven't seen the need to fit an LCR intake manifold.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.