New DVD player wont fit

bison

Hi Guys/Gals,

I've recently purchased a new dvd player for my mk4 1.4 sport (Ripspeed DV-725).

I went to have it fitted on friday and there seems to be a problem with the amount of wires at the back of the unit. No matter how hard we tried we couldn't get the unit to fit without breaking some of the cables. I know that this has been posted before but wondered if anybody has had the same problem with this specific dvd player or any other one come to that.

Any help is most gratefully recieved.

Cheers,

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I know some people have cut the back out, some people have also taken the glovebox apart so they can reach behind and move wires. Also that bottom shelf under the headunit pops out if u havnt already (not sure if u r using a 1din or 2din unit) that might give u a bit more 2 work with.

bison

Thanks guys,

When its fitted (hopefull) i'll put some pics on.

One last question, can you take out the tray in the lower dinn slot without removing the headunit or can you slide it sragith out. I just need to make an alteration to the wiring ;-) and don't particulaly wont to take the headunit out.

pedy

Mar 29, 2007
denny - stirlingshire
had the same problem with mine! had 2 pop mthe tray out and push the wires down until it would sit in, takes alot of patience!!!! and also had 2 modify the top lip of the tray as the dvd player was slightly bigger!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i had the same problem when i put my cd player in the lower din slot as i have 3 guages in the top din slop its just trial and error keep moving the wires about it will go in eventually took me a good 20mins but was worth it!!

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Snap! Had the same prob with mine. Had to move the dvd to the bottom din space and the blank din to the top upside down, most of the wires are cramped in behind the blank din

No need to be cutting anything behind the radio as it may start creaking.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.