New Owner of Cupra Ateca - Missing Options

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
So I have owned my 69 plate Ateca for a month or so now. Absolutely love it and albeit a very similar interior to my previously owned Leon Cupra, it feels more special for some reason.

Anyway, getting onto my topic....
I have noticed that I don't appear to have the speed sign recognition or auto dimming lights in the Ateca. I had these two options with the Leon.

Mine has the 360 Camera (I believe it's standard), so is this a software issue and can be resolved by Carista etc or physically not possible?

Thanks in Advance.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
If you have the 360 cam, you have the C&S (as do I). I have both sign recognition and auto lights. No idea why yours isn't working, so I would assume you can fix this via Carista (unless anyone knows differently).

Tell

Staff member
I'd speak to your dealer. Might be some curious build. My Ateca back in 2016 they left out wireless charging since I specified the top of the range infotainment system. Different markets have different builds so it's possible that permutations don't get the local spec built into the build codes so you get a different car to the one expected (their mistake of not building the car advertised). Mine would have been fine in Germany but wasn't the spec being sold in the UK. Seat knew about it at delivery. In your case could be a change in spec or a failure in the spec to build code mapping. That should be checked by Seat UK (or Cupra, mutton dressed up as lamb etc 😉).