New Paint Protection

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
A friend of mine has recently had his car sprayed and had it sat getting dusty whilst a few bits are done to it. I think it is getting washed and then back to the bodyshop to be mopped.

Beacuse the paint is new/fresh will it need any extra protection putting on it other than a few coats of wax??

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Few coats of wax should be fine Liam. Depending on the wax it should last at least a month or more. Best practise would be to put first layer of wax on first and wipe off. Wait an hour or 24 hours...then apply the second coat. Depending on how good the finish it from the paint shop (remember your one i.e. swirls) then it may need correction? Stick it under some lights to see.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Was it baked or just left to dry. If it is baked then it will need at least 6 weeks to cure/ breathe before anything goes on it. If you wax it before this it could end up causing problems later as the gases will find it more difficult to get out.

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
The car was painted some time ago so i suppose its ok now. I think its meant to be going back to get mopped as there are some drips (from what i've been told)

If it needs any correction, you'll being getting a phonecall maz, lol.