Newbie saying hello

Tom20v

Hi all.

I have been visiting the forum for a while now but as yet never registered. Now that i have some sensible insurance quotes its time to start looking properly for a 20v T so i thought i would sign up and say hello.

Searched hundreds of old threads on what to look for when buying one and what problems to expect. So hopefully i wont ask questions that have been asked a billion times before.

At present i drive a citroen saxo vts. (yes i will expect some abuse for that).

However, its not a chav chariot. In my eyes its the perfect spec saxo.

GMC 4-1 heat wrapped exhaust manifold.
GMC btb exhaust
Enclosed induction kit with green filter.
Cam covers painted anthracite
277mm brake conversion
Brembo discs
Fedro pads
Bias valve adjusted
Billstein shortened group n dampers all round
Gmc 40mm springs with torsion matched perfectly
25mm Anti roll bar
Sparco upper and lower strut brace
Powerflex bushes throughout
Suspension geometry set perfect on a lotus test bed
New Falkenen tyres
GMC quick shift
106 gti leather seats all round. Perfect, crease marks but no wear.
Dimma grill with black mesh

A little pic
DSCF1609.jpg

As i mentioned i am now looking for an ibiza cupra 20v t in either black or blue so the saxo is now for sale.

Living just 20 miles from Jabba sport im going to use them for pretty much everything.

Im pretty clued up with basic mechanics on the paxo but i have never once tinkered with a seat. Hopefully they have more room that sax's so i dont get so many scrapped knuckles.

Ideally im looking for a car that has had some choice modifications. I.E:
Ko3s turbo upgrade
Forge 007 dump valve
jabba remap
3"downpipe with a 100 cell cat
Helix clutch
Fast road engine mounts
Lowered 40mm on dampers and springs or coil overs
Brembo brake conversion
2 1/2" exhaust system with a 4" round/oval tailpipe
A+M front mount intercooler with samco pipes
Green dynatwist CAI
Boost gauge
Front Splitter

Hopefully i'll see 230-250bhp and il be happy.

I do have one main worry. My saxo is like a go-cart round my back roads, i love the way it handles. I've never driven an ibiza (i know im very presumptuous wanting a car i have never driven) and i dont want to miss the sax after spending around £7000 on an ibiza.

Is there anyone who has owned or driven both able to give me a comparison?

Any way, sorry for such a long post that isn't in the newbie section. I shall hopefully be a proud owner of an ibiza very soon and join in with some events.

Tom

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
good to see someones done some homework rather than coming on here asking what a dump valve is and can they fit one

your not the first to come on here with a bloated 1.6 16v, lots have done so and they also wonder how the ibiza performs compared to their 106 GTi/VTS

iv driven a GTi, 206 xsi and have owned my ibiza for nearly 2 years and i can honestly tell you no matter what you do to the 16v lump, you can spend 1/3 of the cash on the ibiza and it will piss all over the 16v power wise

unfortunatly you'll never really get to use all that power in comparison because you''l crash and die at the first corner

welcome to seatcupra.net :thumbup:

bigrj

Jan 11, 2007
Crawley
good to see someones done some homework rather than coming on here asking what a dump valve is and can they fit one

your not the first to come on here with a bloated 1.6 16v, lots have done so and they also wonder how the ibiza performs compared to their 106 GTi/VTS

iv driven a GTi, 206 xsi and have owned my ibiza for nearly 2 years and i can honestly tell you no matter what you do to the 16v lump, you can spend 1/3 of the cash on the ibiza and it will piss all over the 16v power wise

unfortunatly you'll never really get to use all that power in comparison because you''l crash and die at the first corner

welcome to seatcupra.net :thumbup:

:lol: That made me smile

Welcome.

I to am quite new and i must say that this is one of, if not the best, most helpfull and Friendliest forum i have been on.

Good Work team.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Saxo/106GTI will always be better at handling cos they are small nimble cars - my mate took me for a spin in his once and was chucking it around corners like a little toy car - i havnt tried cornering a fast speeds as im not sure what it can handle - although coilovers have helped alot -

as for speed wise - as above comment, ibiza will wee allover the VTS/GTI when money spent -

You might want to add VAG COM to your shopping list-as you will be needing it!

Welcome chap!

cupra1.8t

leeroy
Nov 21, 2006
tamworth
alrite mate i owned a saxo vts love um but my ibiza is way better got stage 2 revo de cate all the usual . the saxo is better handling but to be fair my ibiza corners very well but ul be happy mate i am ! very happy lol

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Your missing uprated cams & a remap on the sax!

The ibiza is much better to drive/live with and has a stunning interior compared to the sax! Also you drive these cars fast without reving going into the redline in everygear like the sax!

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
welcom to scn mate........im sure you'll have lots of fun when you get your motor. ive driven a saxo vts and i thought they were pretty quick considering. still wont outrun the ibiza though so i think your making the sensible choice.....

Tom20v

Cheers for the welcome.

Yea id be up for a St Ives meet but i doubt il have one untill march time, unless someone wants my saxo pretty soonish.

A bit worried about the power side of things now. Went to santa pod on sunday and saw 2 ibiza's, both with cupra badges and both only ran 15 sec quarter mile, my sax ran a 14?

I know the condition was ubber shite for grip but i would thought both would pull a 14 easy?

So it also seems the Ibiza's are not as good round the twistys? Pretty sure the leather and overall build quality will make up for that :D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
1/4 mile wise the times are fairly similar, until your really pushing out some power when the ibiza can produce early to mid 14s

but try 4th gear 40mph and floor it and your sax will be a long way behind by the time the ibiza hits 100

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
sounds like MK4Polo's old car is the perfect one for you, and you guessed it - its for sale!
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/128087.htm
i can show you now, i was going for it this weekend, but realising my wallet cant stretch for the work that will "need" to be done to get it back to its former glory put me off.... good luck with your search though - this car is pretty nippy too

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.