Newbie to forum and Toledo ownership - for Le Mans 2016

stillfirm

Feb 20, 2016
Hey folks, I'm brand new to my Toledo (i.e., yesterday) and wanted to sign up here asap.

My new car is a 2003 2.3 V5 in silver, and has a few battle scars.

It has nudging 111k on it, but still runs like a dream. My mates have been amazed at what I've been able to get for my money. All £250 of it.

The purpose of the purchase (my everyday car is a 2014 Passat estate) is for a boy's trip to Le Mans this year. A few of us have decided to go for the road trip and buy some cheap cars to do it in. There are nine of us going, with 4 cars. The rules of purchase are thus:

Purchase price must not exceed £535. Why? Because it's 535 miles to Le Mans from where we live.
Purchase must be made within 8.4 miles from home address. Why? Because the Le Mans circuit is 8.4 miles long.

So there we have it. After several months of searching Gumtree and Autotrader for a bargain I found it. My own rules were that the car couldn't be a bog standard set of wheels. Mondeo LX? No. V5 Toledo? Go on then....

stillfirm

Feb 20, 2016
I reckon. The engine is as smooth as anything. Feels tight to drive, good power delivery, no rattles. Gave it a good clean out yesterday and bar the numerous scratches it scrubs up pretty well. People have been amazed when I tell them what I paid.

Only one of the other lads has a car yet. A 2.0 Pug 206 gti. With a massive and deafening exhaust. He paid 475 for it. Eating to see what the others come up with. I think I should set up a blog

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.