not much lumbar

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Anyone else think that the sport seats aren't that comfortable, specially in the lumbar region, being that they have no lumbar support. I've had a bad back for ages, but since buying the car its got worse and i find myself jigling round all the time to get comfy:cry: . Don't want to change the seats tho as i want 2 keep things original.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I suffered with mine when I first got mine, but you eventually mould the seat to your back over time...

My 10 hour drive to Scotland nearly killed me when I first got it.

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
ah!

so dift u had the same problem mate. so u reckon that your back moulds eventually to the seat, can wait for that!! lol.

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
by the way

dift, i personally think that the power uve got in your cupra is adequate for the torque these engines provide. How could i get mine to the same power as your car??

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
dift, i personally think that the power uve got in your cupra is adequate for the torque these engines provide. How could i get mine to the same power as your car??

Remap would be the best place to start to be honest. Then get an exhaust, after that you wouldnt be much slower!

One of the Guys on here bought my old exhaust, and pulling out of the services, I barely gained on him!! :cry:

Done a few more bits since then. But 180 is as far as you could realistically go I think.

Oh and dont baby the car, after each trackday I've done, the car feels much smoother. And get some Millers Diesel Sport 4 and double dose it ;)

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
thing is

i don't want 180, just the same as yours is enough at 160bhp. So what u reckon, how can i obtain that. Tuning box perhaps??

AlanR

I used to get a bad back after my work drive and I agree, the seats can be very uncomfortable and is my only major gripe with the ibiza (I came from lovely recaros !!!) the shoulder lateral support is also pants ! However my total journey time has now been cut from 3ish hours to just 45mins a day, this helps !! but I am still looking into replacements but am stuck at the subframe fitting issue but any suggestions/ideas are much appreciated, I would love to see if the S-line audi seats will fit, very comfy...

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
it's funny

Al as when i first sat in my ibiza at the dealer, i thought 2 myself, finally a car with comfortable seats. But as the weeks have gone on i've realised that if u've got a bad back then these seats will cripple u further lol!! damn u sport seats, sporty my arse. As u sed Recaros, specially the ones out of rs fords are the dogs! Wheres my side support??

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
villain24
do you know i thought the same as you when i test drove the fr, finally a car with nice seats and bolstered just right...now i find myself jiggling around...mostly during the day when i've got work stuff on (must be the boots and the tighter trousers lol), if i'm in scruffs then i get comfy straight away...it's fine...!!! :cartman: love the car to bits tho, getting so many nice comments from mates and colleagues "your car is sooo nice" hehehe :whistle:

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
yeah

FR man. I wear a suit at work. But when im in casual clothes the seats seem a lot more comfortable lol! Yeah the car is ace. People don't know what hit em when they see that tdi badge just blow em away. On my salary there is no way i'd bother going back 2 a gas drinker. Theres just no sensible reason when i've got this much performance on tap and great fuel bills!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise