OBDEleven coding and adaptations

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
I have gone and bought the pro version to carry out some tweeks do some live data logging.
I am completely new to this and although there are bits of info on carrying out the coding here and there, I am still a bit unsure how it all works. Is the process the same as following vagcom guides and is the coding the same across the Vag group or is coding unique to each make and model?
Are there any guides on the internet that lists all possible coding and adaptations for the Leon 1P in one place or are there just bits and pieces here and there?

I am looking to do the following initially:

Needle sweep (staging)
Activate beep when locking and unlocking
Reduce the volume of the Soundaktor
Log air intake temps
Log fuel trims

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I have gone and bought the pro version to carry out some tweeks do some live data logging.
I am completely new to this and although there are bits of info on carrying out the coding here and there, I am still a bit unsure how it all works. Is the process the same as following vagcom guides and is the coding the same across the Vag group or is coding unique to each make and model?
Are there any guides on the internet that lists all possible coding and adaptations for the Leon 1P in one place or are there just bits and pieces here and there?

I am looking to do the following initially:

Needle sweep (staging)
Activate beep when locking and unlocking
Reduce the volume of the Soundaktor
Log air intake temps
Log fuel trims

Coding procedures will be different depending on the type of control unit(s) in your car. Cars of the same model/year generally share the same control units but some of the different models of cars across the whole VAG range also share the same type of control units in which case the coding procedure will be the same or similar.

What OBDeleven lacks that VCDS has is label files for each type of controller. This means that in VCDS it recognises the type of controller you are attempting to code and puts descriptions against each of the coding bytes/bits (where a description is known) so you know what each bit is actually for. In OBDeleven there are no descriptions against any of the bits so you are going blind unless you follow a guide already created by a VCDS user and just match up the same bits in OBDeleven as in the VCDS guide.

There are no definitive guides for every possible coding option. The most complete list is probably are the ones on the Ross-Tech website under the Wiki for the Leon 1P where you will find some walkthroughs (see HERE). If you can't find what you want under the Leon 1P section, look under the Golf 1K and 5K sections (HERE and HERE) because the Leon is effectively the same car so some of the same procedures apply. Other than that, it is just a case of scouring the internet to try and find either a VCDS or OBDeleven guide created by someone on a forum or YouTube. Alternatively just use (and pay for the use of) an "app" inside OBDeleven to do what you want, if an app for that exists.

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Thats great thanks for that.

I have looked at the 'Apps' available for OBDEleven and most of the more relevant ones for me are only showing up under the Mk6 Golf and also there are two that come under the Mk7 Golf (Turn off soundaktor & Audible locking and unlocking) do you know if these will work?. If I was to buy and use the apps for these models and use them on my car, would/could this cause any damage or errors with my car?

Would it flag up as not compatable or would it attempt to make the changes but then nothing would happen ?

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Anything listed under the Golf Mk7 isn't going to work because the Golf Mk7 is based on an MQB platform car which uses completely different modules and a different way of configuring things to PQ35 platform cars which is what the Leon is based on.

Some of the stuff listed under the Golf Mk6 might work because it too is a PQ35 platform car and essentially the same car under the skin as the Leon Mk2 so both make use the same types of control modules.

I would like to hope that OBDeleven is idiot-proof whereby it first does a vehicle and module compatibility check before attempting to apply any coding changes, but the simple answer is that I don't know. Someone would need to be brave enough to take the risk to find out if (a) it works; (b) it completely ruins the coding of modules due to it making incompatible coding changes; or (c) it just takes your credits for using the app but doesn't actually make any changes due to vehicle or module incompatibility.

Please feel free to volunteer to be the guinea pig and report back with your findings :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise