Oil Filler Cap not locking into place

kns

Feb 11, 2024
Hello all,

Recently purchased a MK3 Leon Cupra 300 ST from Cinch... (proving to be quite a few problems arising! couple of trips to garage already for EML that seems to be intermittent, which I plugged in Diagnostics to find its MAF related... garage couldn't find the issue for this though and has since decided not to come back on ...)

Anyways! I decided to have a look around the engine bay this morning to find some oil splatter around the cap area (also on the bonnet backing noticing some clips missing holding it in place).
The filler cap was at a slight angle and not sitting flush... so I tried to place back on correctly/ flush but it doesn't seem to want to lock into place (I know there;s a bit of spring to push down then twist... but it seems to just skip the lock points!).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? is there a fix for this? (It's going back to the garage tomorrow... so i'm getting this looked at also!).

Not a great start to a car I've had my eyes on for a while :(

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I had issues when I bought my Leon Cupra 280. It’s great now they’re fixed though. Maybe try another cap, see if that fits correctly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.