Oil Level Sensor/Temperature problem

Gazaho

Nov 27, 2016
Hi Guys, found someone with Vag com near me and managed to get it diagnosed to see what hidden problems there are.

It came up with the code
00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
27-00 Implausible Signal

Now basically I encountered a few problems since i first got the car...
The car was hunting due to a few split vacuum pipes which were replaced and cold starts it'd splutter and kangaroo

Cleaned MAF, cleaned TB, N112, N249 bypassed and SAI removal.

Temperature gauge showed 90 in traffic and reduces while driving, changed coolant temp sender? Problem persists, suspect its the thermostat that needs changing.

I then had the flashing amber oil light come on a few times everynow and then, changed the oil level sensor and problem solved and code cleared with snapon diagnostic. Now the car is running every so slightly rough on idle like a slight miss and the needle on revs flickers up and down slighty....had it diagnosed with vag com and those codes came up, purchased the oil sensor from Gsf, now the code vag com picked up will not clear, does that mean a fault in the sensor i purchased, is there any solution for this?

Sorry for the long ass post, thanks for looking!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi again mate.

The oil sensor issue may be the wiring going to it. Maybe try cleaning up the contacts on the connector.

The temp issue is definitely the thermostat by the sounds of it.

As for the hunting and rough idle, did you reset the TB after cleaning it? If not then it could be that :)

Gazaho

Nov 27, 2016
Hi again mate, I managed to pick up a cheap eBay cable and downloaded vcds lite and managed to clear the code lol...even though my mates full version didn't do it for some strange reason

I didn't disconnect when cleaning the TB, it doesn't need to be reset if I didn't disconnect it right?

Thanks mate

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
As long as you didn't move the throttle butterfly at all then it should be fine. If you moved the butterfly with your finger then i think it will need doing.

Gazaho

Nov 27, 2016
Yeah that's right it wasn't moved manually, also had a friend in the car pressing the accelerator while cleaning.

This problem is so annoying to diagnose as there's no codes, replaced all the breather pipes...it's had a full service not long ago...